Friday, November 1, 2013

Wednesday Words: Sock Drawer Annual Conference

Source
It was time for the Annual Sock Drawer Conference.  Halloween was over, and now it was time to settle down to business.  Mated socks sorted out the un-mated.  Static held them all together.

New socks had joined the Drawer, with holidays ahead.  Some Turkey Socks and many new Christmas socks had been welcomed, mantled labels removed.  Again, language was limited to their country of origin.  “Made in China, 50% cotton and 45% polyester, with 5% spandex!”  

The Sock Drawer philosophy needed to be explained.

The mantra of the Drawer was to serve the Wearer, pure and simple.  No matter the inclement weather or the racing around the owner might do, the Socks were there to assist tractor, the shoes who propelled the Wearer to the desired destiny.

As a precursor to the meeting, the Sock Drawer sang its national anthem.  

Heel and cuff, instep and toe.  We welcome you to our Land.  Gusset and heel, tightly wove.  Cotton or whatever. The threads of socks that have gone before,  join us in homage to you with our voice. Static and lint  all abound, We welcome you to our Land.” ***

With that, the Sage Surgical Sock with chevron rubber footing cleared its throat, pounding the stump of a pencil, and announced, “Let us begin.”

*** Sung to the tune of “Oh, Tannenbaum”.


Oh that Delores @ Under the Porch Light!  Again, she has delighted the blog world with choice words.  Go to her site to see what other delights have been written!!!

14 comments:

  1. haha nice anthem, quite the sock land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Sock drawer must have its rituals.

      Delete
  2. And might I mention to check the sidebar for participants...some of them post on their own blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make that change next time. Sorry.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Whenever groups get together, it happens.

      Delete
  4. Love the anthem and the sock drawer never disappoints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. But I suspect that my socks would sing a very different tune. Or perhaps it would be just the lyrics which change when socks turn to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Like EC, I suspect my socks would sing something different, probably "We gotta get out of here", since half of them never see the light of day anymore. That's the plain black ones I used to wear to work. I love that your socks hold meetings and welcome newcomers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the anthem! Thanks to you, I now pay closer attention to our family's footwear! Boring socks no more!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve already sorted the sock drawer. I do so wish I had waited for your instructions.

    That meme looks like it might be fun. Can anyone join?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my socks would complain about the lack of diversity and make a plea for no more segregation between the work socks and the cotton socks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to get your comment Susan when everyone else is giving me what I deserve! Lovely to catch up with the goings on in the Sock Drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sock basket should visit your sock drawer, oh the stories they could tell! And the anthems they could sing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!