blog Followers

Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Crazy Goose Story



There must a universal crazy goose theme to merit a bronze statuette.
This is a crazy goose story.  Apparently there are many of these stories around the world, which scares me a little.  Geese are universally crazy.

My brother Don was driving the tractor from one field down the road to our house.  As he passed Neighbor Jim’s field, he saw a drama developing.  Turning off the tractor, Don watched.

The field was spotted with grazing cows and a bull.  This bull was quite full of himself, with all those breeding cows.


Also in the field was a Canadian goose, injured with a shotgun pellet in its wing.  Not a serious injury, it could still fly across the field, but not all the way to South America.  At least for a few weeks when another “V” of geese flew overhead, crazy goose found shelter with the herd.

One thing about geese is that they eat grain, corn, and its relatives in any form they find it.  Cow patties are full of partially digesting grains, so the crazy goose followed the cows around and happily filled up on what was literally left behind.

The bull was offended.  He chased the goose away from his cows, strutting in triumph.  This happened again and again.  Crazy goose clearly had to do something.
As the bull grazed, crazy goose waddled up behind the bull.  Going between the hind legs, crazy goose positioned itself beneath the bull’s reason for living: his testicles.  With a well-placed nip, crazy goose hit those testicles spot on, right where it hurt the most.


The bull bellowed, reared and jumped, while crazy goose flew to the end of the field.

Gaining his composure, the bull settled down.  Crazy goose moved in for another strike.  This went on for a good thirty minutes. 

After numerous successful hits, crazy goose ventured up to a warm cow patty, finding some corn right on top.  The bull snorted and moved a good distance away from crazy goose.


An acceptable peace had been reached.  My brother Don started up the tractor and chuckled all the way home.


Don't mess with geese. Seriously.





YouTube:  DO NOT
turn your back on them.  Face them, hit them with something solid. Yell at them loudly, start chasing them.  Suggestions from those who have been attacked.


We are on a break and have turned off the comment section. But I hope you will still enjoy!





35 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have never been attacked by a goose, but once was attacked by a Guinea hen on the way to school.
    I enjoyed the read. What a story! Animals are amazing, but I did feel for the Bull! The movie and the story are classic! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, the smaller the hen and rooster, the more aggressive they can be.

      Delete
  2. People in my neighborhood FEED the Canadian geese. They got fat, lazy, and stayed. Can you imagine walking along the river bank and sliding into the river after you stepped in their slimy remains?

    I really enjoyed this post and was glad to see comments are on, I had to laugh at the poor bull. At least he learned NOT to mess with the geese/goose. I loved your story and your words are so powerful and expressive, I could envision it just as I was reading that really fun story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother is also a story teller. I tell mine in writing, he performs his.

      Delete
  3. We've kept an even peace with the geese, but Scrappy got chased by a duck once...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me of a funny story about a goose on the farm. I think I will post it soon. Geese can be violent and we need to give them a wide berth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, geese are really crazy. And a little disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is eww and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They make good watch dogs too.
    I believe that they can break a man's legs with a blow from those powerful wings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally see a goose doing that. The other day, our neighborhood goose hissed at the dog I was walking. The dog quickly trotted away, and the goose pursued. I turned on my teacher voice and told it to back off. So, yelling does work, so long as you weren't the one it was going after.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are over loaded with Canadian Geese here...our parks reek of ... well....you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad we don't have geese! We used to have a banty rooster that would attack my husband every time he went to feed the chickens. They were free range, so it's not like he was invading the rooster's territory. It would fly at him and grab his belly with its talons. He finally discouraged that little rooster by swinging a blue plastic snow shovel. It was kind of funny to see grown man afraid of such a little rooster...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand it. My own experience with a rooster is vividly remembered.

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was three or four, I was attacked by a white farm goose. The other children ran away, for adults, as it turned out. I was on the ground and taking a beating. The grown ups hauled the goose off. I remember the incident vividly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan - how very funny ... but yes geese can be 'dangeurese' - they certainly knew the bull's tender zone! Have a great break - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor bull. His pride was taken down a notch.

      Delete
  14. Susan:
    I can't say I was ever attacked by geese, but I have taken to feeding them from time to time during my life, and never was injured in the process.
    (ditto for any wild ducks).
    I will say I'm not that fond of their "droppings" , however...lol.
    Guess I;m one of the lucky ones?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This reminds me, for some unknown reason, of a wonderful book where a spell is cast on a boy, making him tiny and he travels with a flock of geese as they migrate to the north of Sweden and back. Many lessons to be learned from this book, called The Adventures of Nils Holgerson, by Selma Lagerlof. The bull, the goose, the whole setting brought that book back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, they are nasty little turds. I have a few I have to deal with and I'm ready to kick them in their smug face if they get too near.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Geese are brave, almost fearless. So are swans. There's something about the birds when they don't want you around they make it very, very clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geese must certainly have a surly streak. Swans are their close cousins.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!