Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cars vs. Dinosaurs


These days my grandson is too busy to Skype with his grammy.  Unless his mom is chasing him, engaging him in some activity, all I see of this boy is his fine almost white hair flying in the wind as he races away.  

Snotty little thing.

So, my grandson, the former car thief, has become aware that there is a computer screen that cannot be breached.  To break through this problem, I have broken out the toy dinosaurs, which have long lay in the dark. 

back row: Terry, Sarah; front row: Timmy, Bumpy, and
Stanley
While his dinosaurs accurately depict the food preference and degrees of bloody violence, mine are darn friendly. They all have delightful smiles and names. There are all herbivores; even the T-Rex (Terry).  The dinosaurs have become fast friends and visit on Skype.
Dr. Who has visited on many occasions.

My dinosaurs recently gave the little guy good-bye kisses (right on the camera light), which amazed him.  After about 10 kisses, we both said “Good-bye, I love you”, only he added “I love you, dinosaurs.”



26 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cute. I love your dinosaurs and now I wish I could Skype with them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are really child friendly. Benj. has the realistic set from the British Natural History Museum. Apples to Oranges, I guess.

      Delete
  2. Skype is great for video chatting and its cheaper too to use as a phone I believe. Laughing on skype, now thats infectious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is as good as I can hope for, and at least we can play in a long distance way.

      Delete
  3. How clever to engage the little guy. How big he's growing. And how fast, to fly his hair like a flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fine. My mom used to call hair like that "corn silk" and I guess that is pretty accurate. My daughter will keep it this length for a while longer.

      Delete
  4. At least the dinosaurs are having a good time, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His daddy has posted on FB how the parents get to play with the dinos once Benj. is in bed.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Don't you just want to have the dinos have a dance party or something?

      Delete
  6. Awwww.
    How long before you can hug him again? Literally, to go with the metaphoric hugs which always hold him tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I just don't know. If $$ were no problem, I would be there by Saturday.

      Delete
  7. The nice dinos get all the love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the sad truth. I bet he goes to sleep at night with one or two of them by his side.

      Delete
  8. Cuddly, lovable dinosaurs, hmmm. I guess kids grow up and change their behaviours like skyping grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmas get the best deal of all: they get to de-evolve into 3 year olds playing with dinos and cars.

      Delete
  9. Ah, you know how to engage little boys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a kid at heart...plus, years of teaching and observing.

      Delete
  10. Hi Susan,

    That's mega-cute. Dinosaurs and young boys, nice one.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son (who is now in his 30s) still has his dinos, but they are packed away.
      Good to see you!

      Delete
  11. Little boys and dinosaurs go hand in hand. How lovely that his grandmom knows this well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep up with his phases. So far my box of toys are perfect.

      Delete
  12. I remember my grandson at three and his dinosaur collection. He still has them, but now they live on a long shelf across his room instead of in the toy box. (he's 19)
    I like your TARDIS, is that the moneybox one with the flashing light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, but I use it as a pencil box...it needs new batteries...I will use my sonic screwdriver to find out.

      Delete
  13. ha! Whatever works to get that facetime in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any portion of the face would be nice!

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!