Monday, June 22, 2015

Creative Awards to Creative Writers

Star Trek Space
Many thanks go to the Star Trek Space who was recently nominated for Creative Blogger Award from J. S. Scott.  There are many aspects of any life that qualify as "creative" in all beings.  

For instance, I could write about quilting, but readers would be snoring by the second paragraph.  History? Geology?  Native Americans?

Final Choice is about science fiction, or science in general. I am supposed to tell you five facts about myself:


Facts about myself  
Fact one:
Two gr-daughters, one husband, and me
My husband and I love space and science. We took our gr-daughters to Mt. Palomar Observatory--best day ever.

Fact two:
My favorite book is the Bible.  I believe in and trust God's plan for my life. His Love has literally saved my life.

Fact three:
Every clear night I look at the moon, stars, and planets. 

Fact four:
Doctor Who and its authors (Steve Moffat mainly), with their creativity and proclivity, continue to create and amaze me.  Matt Smith--sigh

The Doctor Who...Matt Smith in front

Fact five:
I have been told that I have a wry, dry, and peculiar sense of humor.  I do not know if that is true.

The directions say to nominate 15-20 creative bloggers, but I narrowed that list to five.  Summer tends to complicate blogger time.

The rules:

1. Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.

2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.

3.  Nominate 5-10-20 blogs and notify them (when you make a comments on their blog posts).

4. Pass on the rules.

My five nominees are:






What facts about your life reflect who and/or what you are, what you write, or why you write. Cut loose!

Now, I must continue to sort through my quilt fabrics.





24 comments:

  1. You do have a wry, dry sense of humor, but you are not perculiar at all, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's also my favorite book.
    I like your dry sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in 2 Corinthians now. They were a naughty group.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully no aliens show on those clear nights haha nothing wrong with such a sense of humor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now Venus and Jupiter are moving toward a conjunction in mid-July. If there were any aliens, surely they would not want to miss that!

      Delete
  4. Hubby and I would love to visit Mt. Palomar. (I got this award to and was going to pass it on to you... but Spacerguy beat me to it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his blogs--big Star Trek Fan here!

      Maybe someday you will get to Mt. Palomar...also has many great camp grounds.

      Delete
  5. Your man's tee shirt is funny. You must share the same kind of humor--which I enjoy very much. Keeps me coming back here, among other reasons. I'm sort of a moon junkie myself. But please, please, please, for my sake if NO ONE else's, post more pictures of, and write about, your quilting!!! It's not boring at all to me--and truly, not to many others, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post some of my quilting adventures! Sorting through fabric has allowed me to see potential for many quilts.

      Delete
  6. Peculiar? Not so but far otherwise.
    Congratulations on the well deserve award.
    And echoing Zoanna on the quilting front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know so many quilters are around! Will see what photos I have!

      Delete
  7. Love these style posts - excellent way to let readers know a little more about you. I love doing number 3!
    Popping by on the A to Z Road Trip
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your purple car road trip is fun!
      The conjunction of Venus and Jupiter is coming up.

      Delete
  8. Doctor Who is pretty amazing. Congrats on the Creative Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We consider Doctor Who as part of our life, and have traveled along with him.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. ....Congrats on the award.., .... I've been missing Samuel, any chance of a Samuel story coming our way soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may allow Samuel grow up and have his own Samuel.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the award, Susan. I don't know what to write --I am an old man on a fixed income-- but will put my whole mind to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your whole mind. Heck, I'd take just half your brain.

      Delete
  11. Cool about the observatory. Kids love space. We went to the Space Foundation recently, and the speaker encouraged all the kids to pursue space-related careers, because they're hurting for employees these days. We just don't have that love of space that existed even just twenty years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my son was almost 2, we would go outside and look at the heavens. We'd talk about how he could be an astronaut and take me up into space. Good times.

      Delete
  12. Matt Smith?? Really? Hmm
    I like Space and science too, although I don't know much about either.
    I love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, River! Matt Smith seems like a big boy sometimes, eating fish fingers dipped in custard.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!