Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rach Writes...: Write Hope for Japan, Second Crusader Challenge, Crusader Notice-Board

Rach Writes...: Write Hope for Japan, Second Crusader Challenge, Crusader Notice-Board

This posting is for the Second Crusader Challenge, being hosted by the AWESOME Rachael Harrie!  Write something that starts with "The goldfish bowl teetered..." in 100 words or less, including those first 4 words.  Hope you like this one!
Thank you, Rachael!
http://rachaelharrie.blospot.com
 
The goldfish bowl teetered on the bookcase.  Scuba crouched beside the glass globe and waited.  Waiting for disaster?  Waiting for a free meal?  His golden eyes watched the bowl rock back and forth, with the golden prize inside. 

Just a little more and momentum would take over.  Wobble, wobble.  Water rose higher on the sides each time.

A black and white paw reached out, batting the bowl just a little more.  Keep the motion going, keep it going.  A pink tongue flicked out to lick whiskers. 

Over it went, water and fish.  Claws came out and Scuba leaped down.
What the heck is this?



11 comments:

  1. Oh - I love this! I used to watch my cat trying to hunt my goldfish - he was a bit of a dude though and didn't give a monkeys- no wonder he lived till he was 14!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty Scuba :)
    When I was younger we had a goldfish, flounder. His bowl toppled over and he lay helpless on the floor. Rather than picking him up and putting him back in the bowl, my sisters and I flapped about screaming for our dad to come and save him. Luckily he survived. (Only to jump out the bowl a little while later after his taste of freedom :)
    Thanks for your comment on my last post...I found all sorts of things in my cupboard, including an old diary, which has inspired a future blog post in April when I do the A-Z challenge.

    Holly

    PS...a 32 year old single son...hmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm of the opinion owning a cat and fish, or cat and bird is a recipe for disaster. =) Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you described the scene, especially the way the cat watched the bowl. Great flash fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tut tut, NAUGHTY cat! ;) I love the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could resist throwing a cat into this?? I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - a cat called Scuba. I can just see our cats doing what you described. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's adorable! & just a little dark :) good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is very nice tension in this piece. I have cats and have seen them in this "wild prowling" state also just before pouncing. Great visual imagery.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!