Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Stylish Blogger

Hmmm...these people don't know me very well.  How much should I tell them?  How deep should I go?  Take a breath.
1.  I grew up on a farm with three brothers and one sister.  I learned how to skin a squirrel and rabbit from my brothers.  I can also clean a fish, pluck and dress a chicken or duck.  I will never again clean a catfish.  From my sister, I learned that I love her dearly.
2.  In 3rd. grade, my teacher Mrs. Mary Ellen Willard called me the 'Class Artist'.   She let me write and write, and draw to my heart's content.  She taught in a way that only exceptional teachers can.
Thank you, Kristina!http://kaykays-corner.blogspot.com 
3.  I didn't learn to swim until I was 32 yrs. old.  I was scared to death, but I saw my youngest child leaping unafraid into the deep end.  That made me jump in, too.
4.  We didn't have a piano (couldn't afford lessons, anyway) until I was 14 yrs. old.  Then I taught myself to play, using math to figure out the notes and their relationship to the keys. 
5.  Migraines have been a factor since I was 4 yrs. old, but I thought everyone had headaches like mine.
6.  Living in Ireland was one of the richest experiences of my life on all levels.  The Irish people are among the finest in the world.  I want to go back.
7.  Don't wish away a single day of your life, not one single day.  Life is too special. I learned this when I lost my brother Robert to a brain tumor at age 46, and then another brother Bill to septic poisoning after surgery, at age 44. 
 I will be awarding this Stylish Blogger Award in a few days to some exceptional writers, of which there are many!  Susan


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for that, a fascinating life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! That last one is so very important. This life is never long enough. We must revel in it while we can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award!

    How cool you figured out the notes using math! I play the piano, but I started out with lessons and didn't have to do it that way. :P

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan

    Thanks for visiting and following me. It was great timing to follow you back here and learn a bit about you! Congrats on your award.

    :Dom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan
    Congratulations on the award and it was lovely to get some snippets of your life. Its these little snippets, sometimes seemingly insignificant, that make us who we are.
    Thanks for following my blog and your lovely comments that really make my day!
    BTW I also have a black cat, and every day she manages to outsmart me. Cats will rule the world one day!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!