1. I grew up on a farm with three brothers and one sister. I learned how to skin a squirrel and rabbit from my brothers. I can also clean a fish, pluck and dress a chicken or duck. I will never again clean a catfish. From my sister, I learned that I love her dearly.
2. In 3rd. grade, my teacher Mrs. Mary Ellen Willard called me the 'Class Artist'. She let me write and write, and draw to my heart's content. She taught in a way that only exceptional teachers can.
|Thank you, Kristina!http://kaykays-corner.blogspot.com|
4. We didn't have a piano (couldn't afford lessons, anyway) until I was 14 yrs. old. Then I taught myself to play, using math to figure out the notes and their relationship to the keys.
5. Migraines have been a factor since I was 4 yrs. old, but I thought everyone had headaches like mine.
6. Living in Ireland was one of the richest experiences of my life on all levels. The Irish people are among the finest in the world. I want to go back.
7. Don't wish away a single day of your life, not one single day. Life is too special. I learned this when I lost my brother Robert to a brain tumor at age 46, and then another brother Bill to septic poisoning after surgery, at age 44.
I will be awarding this Stylish Blogger Award in a few days to some exceptional writers, of which there are many! Susan