· 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
· 2 1/4 cups sugar
· 4 large eggs
· 1 1/4 cups Triple Cocoa Blend or Dutch-process cocoa
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon espresso powder
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan. Line with parchment paper, optional.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the sugar and cook until mixture is hot (about 110°F to 120°F), but not bubbling.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla until smooth. Add the hot butter/sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
4. Let the batter cool in the bowl for 20 minutes then stir in the chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the brownie edges are set and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Remove them from oven and cool completely on a rack before cutting.
Or, if you are like my 15 year old, use a spoon while the brownies are still on the warm side. Don't be ashamed. You deserve it.
Have a new cast on! can one finger type, but it is exhausting.