Thursday, April 13, 2017

Make Way for Trees


Trees are patient.  Trees go and grow wherever there is food, water, and light. Trees do not care what year, decade, century or millennia it is. 


-Rainbow Eucaliptus-the unique multi-hued bark is the most distinctive feature of the tree. Patches of outer bark are shed annually at differant times, showing a bright Green inner bark. This then darkens and matures to give Blue, Purple, Orange and then maroon tones.
Rainbow Eucalyptus
Trees are amazing. Did you know that roots can put on bark and become trunk like but that trunks can't become roots and withstand moisture? Amazing.
Roots can put on bark...
The Dark Hedges Co. Antrim, Bregagh Road, Northern Ireland
The Dark Hedges in Northern Ireland

 Trees have right-of-way. Do not stand in one place for too long.  Just saying.

18 comments:

  1. Trees are an incredible gift. In the fullness of time, after I die, I would like an eco funeral with a tree as my headstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done research on this! There are sites you can look at.

      Delete
  2. I love trees, I spent a lot of time in trees as a young child, way up high. I love the Dark Hedges picture and the second picture looks like a tree is climbing up a hill on its tree legs.
    Rainbow Eucalyptus are fun to look at, especially when there are many all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dark Hedges are phenomenal. I have walked through "tunnels" in Ireland.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. If only trees could be left alone here in US.

      Delete
  4. Trees sure grow and put on a show, but one has to move indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trees have a way of creeping along unnoticed over time.

      Delete
  5. My kind of post-- all about trees! I LOVE trees. They exude a spirit of peace and stability, not to mention the good they do for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in a forest makes me feel that.

      Delete
  6. Did someone paint that first one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so at first. Then I read on. Real thing.

      Delete
  7. Amazing tree pictures! I love trees. I've gotten rather passionate with my neighborhood association about them not trimming the trees so much that it takes away my summer shade. Some of those board members can get a bit nuts. One guy wanted to just cut down most of the trees so we wouldn't have to pay to have them trimmed. Fortunately he was shut down on that wish. He did cut down one of the trees in his yard because he thought it was too messy. Nuts!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arrrgh! Too much dry grass and sun, too little leaves and trees!

      Delete
  8. I love trees, I like all of your pictures here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainbow eucalyptus amazed me. I could not believe it was real, was sure it had been painted. But they are real, grow in tropical, sub-tropical forests like in Maui.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!