Wednesday, April 5, 2017

It Was Time

Christmas 2012 with our son John and baby Benjamin in our old home


from our new balcony 
For twenty-seven years, our life in our old neighborhood was one of an almost solitary life.  Our neighbors had moved on, with new one replacing them, but there we stayed, strangers to others.

Twenty-seven years! That was the longest we have ever lived in one spot, and was clear at the twenty-eighth marker, it time for a change.

The move was long overdue, as boxes and unknown treasures of stuff lined the walls and rafters in our garage.  John’s library? Stacks of unread books were on the verge of cascading.
A rose from well-chosen plants in our new garden
Next time I will dust the table.


Close (2 min. drive) to our daughter's house.  Clara, son-in-law Brian, and Lily
after Irish dancing competition



Needing almost nothing of those dusty belongings was our surprising discovery.  Now, in our new house, in our 55+ community, we are finding ourselves involved in clubs and making friends.

Yes, it was definitely time.


The underlined words are from River.  She and several other bloggers have set up "Wednesday Words" for bloggers to use to liven up their writing.

I don't always participate but when I do, I totally have fun. 

Jump on over to that site and create your own take.

Best wishes to all A2Z people!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made the right move. I hope we manage to get into our place of choice soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are happy here and glad that we made the decision. Here is hoping for you to find a new place for yourselves.

      Delete
  2. A dear friend of mine is moving away. She has lived in her neighborhood for 35 years. Those who she knew have moved on and now they are old people in a young neighborhood. They are invisible. She is looking for a home in another state to be near her family. I have encouraged her to look at 55+ developments where she will find new friends and will be welcomed in the community. So far my recommendations have fallen on deaf ears. They don't want to be around just seniors. Did I mention that they are in their late 70's. Their children are almost old enough to qualify.

    If I didn't love my home and have friends nearby, I would move into one of those places in a quick minute. I am so happy, Susan, that you have found a place that gives you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was time indeed and much more is now taking seed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it here. We are among the youngest so far.

      Delete
  4. I bet it's like a breath of fresh air in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I can sit out on the balcony and watch golfers, listen to song birds. Yesterday I watched a mating dancing of morning doves. It worked out well.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful that you are so close to your daughter and already enjoying your new home. Isn't it amazing how we have so much stuff accumulated that we never use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would not believe boxes we discovered in the rafters! I was amazed.

      Delete
  6. I am so very glad it has worked so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you just need to make a move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving was the right choice, and it was the choice we needed to make.

      Delete
  8. 27 years! in one place! The longest I've lived anywhere is 8 and a half years. I'm glad you are happy in your new home and doing without all those unnecessary boxes of stuff is quite liberating, I'm sure you'll agree.
    Thank you for this lovely use of my words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using your words felt good. I may do so again.

      Delete
  9. This was wonderful to read in so many ways.
    So pleased the move, and all, went so well for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!