Thursday, March 23, 2017

From Pillar to Post

File:Amazon Prime logo.jpg
Source
Amazon Prime has been created by a woman, I am certain.  I can see her standing at her front door, tapping her foot and saying, “Dammit!  Christmas is in two days!  I ordered this gift from Amazon ten days ago, and where is it?  Where is it!!”

This woman has a doctorate in electrical engineering and computer design. She has written multiple programs, successful programs used by Apple, Microsoft, and all the big places.  She has written and designed for military and government. She even had lunch with Walter O'Brien.

Where is this gift, she wonders, as she grits her teeth.

This woman slams the door, and retreats into her immaculate home office, organized down to the very pencils on her desk which are sharpened and lined up line little soldiers.

She creates Amazon Prime.  Maybe, but this is from my mind.

I am waiting for a “Janome Hello Kitty Sewing Machine”.  I already have a monster Janome, weighs a good twenty-five pounds.  But taking it to my quilt club is nigh impossible, thus I have ordered this heavy duty but lighter weight Janome.

Tracking my sewing machine reads like this:

Tuesday. 3/21, 10 pm, package leaves seller facility, is in transit to carrier (FedEx).

Wednesday, 3/22, 5:34 am, package received by FedEx, in Rockford, IL. US

Wednesday, 3/22, 6:45 am, package has left FedEx from Rockford, IL. US

Wednesday, 3/22, 11:42 am, package arrives at FedEx in Des Moines, IA, US

Wednesday, 3/22, 2:41 pm, package has left FedEx in Des Moines, IA, US

Wednesday, 3/22 4:10 pm, package arrives at FedEx in Ontario, CA, US

Wednesday, 3/22, 6:22 pm, package is received by FedEx Ontario, CA, US (?) 

Wednesday, 3/22, 9:23 pm, package has left FedEx in Ontario, CA, US

Wednesday, 3/22, 10:11 pm, package arrives at FedEx in Romoland, CA, US

Thursday, 3/23, 4:25 am, package goes out for delivery to Murrieta, CA, US, scheduled for delivery Thursday, 4:14 pm.

Well done, creator of Amazon Prime.  Well done, FedEx.


Image result for fedex logo
Source




26 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime, whoever created it. I use it a lot for orders I do for my brother who lives in a care facility far from me. Through the service I can keep track of his stuff and he gets his orders quickly. He tends to be very impatient to get stuff that he says he wants, but I question as to how much he actually uses it.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out Theme Reveal: It's About Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use for this service. Your brother may want to have the thrill of getting a package.

    My Hello Kitty sewing machine just arrived. 3:41 pm, earlier than promised. FedEx, you rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used Amazon Prime, but I order regularly from Amazon and I think their service is pretty great. I like how they tell you when to expect your parcel (and it usually arrives earlier than that). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever designed Amazon Prime they were busy. Busy people are so often the most efficient.
    Enjoy your new light weight machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually better than my regular machine, without all the fancy stitches.

      Delete
  5. I do love watching the tracking of packages. I'm glad Amazon Prime came through for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter and son had suggested it would make my life easier.

      Delete
  6. That's the definition of a tortured journey. Also, I didn't know Canada was now part of the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered a gift from Amazon UK to be sent to Switzerland. In tracking it, I found it went from UK, to Ohio, to Tennessee, and then onto some other place, before going to Switzerland.

      Delete
  7. Your tracking details are amazing. Whenever I track something, all I learn is the item has left the seller and is expected to arrive within xxx days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just entered tracking #, and could follow the pkg from hither to yon.

      Delete
  8. I have been amazed that sometimes when I order an item on a Friday night, my package is delivered on Sunday morning. Amazon Prime is a great service and seldom lets you down.

    I wonder how the tracking will be done when they go to drones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually scary. If a drone can located my house and place a package at my doorway, what else can be delivered.

      Delete
  9. Amazon knows all. The other day a little box popped up and told me how much money I'd saved with Amazon last year, and how many trips to the store it saved me. I don't care if it knows my eyes are blue. I order it, I get it.
    You will so enjoy that little Janome. Laura learned to sew on one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the days of absolute privacy are gone. My eyes are green.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. The days of standing in a queue in Target are over. How many hours of years have we all stood there? Love it.

      Delete
  11. Have to enjoy being in the know as away your package does go...or come in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazon prime is available in 27 cities! These guys have thousands of stock which is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the FedEx or USPS services are down to the minute.

      Delete
  13. Online shopping can be so good!!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When shopping for a M.Of Groom dress, I could scan dozens of dresses. And I could order some, send them back easily. Found a perfect outfit.

      Delete
  14. I love Amazon Prime. I'm a serial last minute shopper, and I hate shopping in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It saves buying candles and perfume in CVS on Christmas Eve.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!