Monday, November 14, 2016

WedWords: Fairy Hell

fairy land 1680x1050 wallpaper Art HD Wallpaper
Fairy Lane

Being a fairy is no easy job, I tell you.  I know; I have been one for years, and hated every moment.


Oh, sure. Some fairies paint flowers, some water lovely green plants. Their primary job is to care for the planet, keeping it healthy and green. Those fairies’ skin shimmer with a fluorescent glow, their clothing is cross-stitched with spider webs, and their boots are soft butterfly cocoons.

My job? My job?  I am in charge of slugs and carnivorous bugs.  In fact, I am President of Chapter 207 Union of Scavenger Bugs. One assassin bug attacked me, put me in fairy hospital for a week.  Best week of my miserable life, the only best week.

If there were even one thing about my job that I loved, that would be wonderful.  But as it stands now, I live in fairy mud hell.


The above italicized underlined words above have been provided by Carolyn at Worlds and Words in the weekly Wednesday Words. This Challenge was created by Delores years ago to challenge bloggers to leap out of their genre, using a group of unrelated words to create a poem, prose, whatever. 

These are fun and I always love playing with them.  Post your take in their comment section or at your own site!

24 comments:

  1. I guess even fairies have crappy jobs to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. He could be in charge of fungus. That might be worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to know how and why the fairy ended up there.

      Delete
  3. Hard to imagine a fairy living in Fairy Hell but I guess there is @##& in everyone's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - I do like the picture too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me want to dive into the green land.

      Delete
  5. What fun. And a very different take on the direction that these words took most of us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even fairy's have rights to be respected under the Federations Articles guaranteeing civil rights. Bad, bad, bad assassin bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Gail "At the Farm", those bugs are nasty, and they look even worse.

      Delete
  7. You'd think the bad fairy jobs would pay the best...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fairy police are investigating even as I write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor fairy. Rotten job but somefairy has to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never thought of fairies being in charge of the nasty, slimy, bitey things. That seems like a job for imps and goblins.
    Nice story, a little sad and I hope that maybe this particular fairy gets a promotion soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. This one has a really bad attitude.

      Delete
  11. Bugs are always a high form of nuisance. I have sugar ants in my car that won't go away, not even w/poison. I need a bug fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a hazardous job. Well crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great, Susan! Love it! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it when words all come together.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!