Wednesday, November 16, 2016

On-Hold, please

Image result for on hold music
But I hate reggae!
Apparently creating and then selling “on-hold music” is a big business with many restrictions, legalities, restrictions, and other red-tape issues.

Most are simply awful, looping and looping, interspersed with a voice admitting they are very sorry about the wait, which will be ___minutes, that questions will be handled in the order received…then the music starts again.

So far, the best on-hold music is on CVS pharmacy.  Lots of questions on line have been asked about the composer, with no answer given. Some have speculated that is a portion of “The Golden Dragon”

The "Forum" is in the Synth Zone, a bar "for casual discussion". Forum participants are researching, trying to find the source of CVS on-hold legendary music. They are each clearly experts, part of this forum.

What is also interesting is the relationship these people have with each other.  Bantering, insulting, non-segue—I felt like I was in a bar listening to them and laughing.

Finally one of the administers of the site (Maybe Nigel?) hits gold, locates this on-line music hold for CVS.

And here it is: Golden Dragon

What is totally amazing is that this conversation spans four years.  

Ah ha! They found it! I felt elated at the end of the search. And totally exhausted. 

Tell me what you think. 



CVS N Tarrant Davis.jpg
CVS



14 comments:

  1. I HATE being on hold, not always because of the music, usually because the time is eating up my precious pre-paid phone time.
    I listened to a minute of Golden Dragon then had to stop it. Any more of that and I'd be snoozing on the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckling here...I like the music, it comes as close to classic music as any other.

      Delete
  2. Even though I know that my call is very important to them, my Adult ADHD kicks in at about two minutes and the music does not help. I usually then just go to their website, type in my concern and wait for days for an answer. Again, my call and email is very important to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing, nothing at all, can alleviate the waiting time and lack of service.

      Delete
  3. Well, now I know what to do when I can't sleep at night...just plug in the Golden Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music is great. I could feel the "dragon". Far better than much hold music I endure.

    Have a blessed evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you saw the sedative effect! Lately we have heard some awful ones.

      Delete
  5. Too funny. At least it was something to keep them occupied. Now what will they discuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always felt badly for the automated voice informing us to hold. I pictured some woman in a recording booth, saying this is one awful job.

      Delete
  6. haha that music just annoys, my want for it to be over may annoy more though as I wait and wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one we recently heard. It was only single piano notes: c d ee d c d. Just that over and over and over.

      Delete
  7. My job consists of calling hospitals for medical records and bills all day, so I hear a lot of hold music. There was a really upbeat one that I called all the time, and I enjoyed, but they must have changed it. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when holding on starts to feel good, it gets ripped away.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!