Monday, November 21, 2016

Best of Radio



We're back, taking calls to answer the question of "Regrets?  Looking back on my life..."  First caller on line one.
  
Radio Personality: So, let's hear it, big fella.  What can you say looking back on your life?

Anonymous:  I'll state it clear...I've lived a life that's...uh...full.  I've traveled down each and every highway...


Radio Personality:  So, you're a traveling man, who lives in cheap motels? Away from the family, huh.  Any regrets?

Anonymous: Regrets?  I've had a few, but then, too few to mention…

Radio Personality: Oh, one of those.  Love 'em and leave 'em? 

Anonymous: I did what I had to do...saw through without exemption...


Radio Personality:  Let me guess:  you planned each careful step, right? Had to, I imagine.

Anonymous:…More, much more than this, I did it my way….

Radio Personality: O-kay, but were there times?  Didn't you ever think you bit off more than you could chew?  You know, the balancing act?

Anonymous: But, through it all…I ate it up and spit it out…faced it all and stood ta…

Radio personality:  I see.  A life of love, laugh, and tears, right?  Yours or your family?  Ever think about 'em?  I mean, didn't you ever think about losing them?

Anonymous:  I’ve had my share of losing, but…now I find it all so amusing!  To think I did all that and…

Radio Personality: AMUSING? But, you’re not shy, are you?  Not humble at all! I bet you shout...

Anonymous: Oh, no, oh, no, not me!  I did it my way!

Radio Personality: Well, then, what IS a man?  What has he got?  If not his family, what is important?

Anonymous: Yes!  If not himself, then he has naught!  To say the things he truly feels…

Radio Personality: NAUGHT? Sure, but these are not the words of one ...?

Anonymous:  ...who kneels!  The record shows…Yes!  I took the blows!

Radio Personality: Well, I'd love to land some blows on you, you narcissistic bastard.  You got a record, a felony record?  

Anonymous:  And did it my way!  Yes, it was my way…

Radio Personality:  Right, buddy.  Whatever you say.  Next caller, line 2?...




24 comments:

  1. haha a fun one indeed as you worked the lyrics on in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know who was talking!

    Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone should have a little 'doing it my way' time in their life.....just a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing it my way only happens when I am in charge, which doesn't all happen.

      Delete
  4. This was amazing, Susan. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many songs can you identify...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this, only Ol' Blue Eyes, who I did it my way. This song really is close to his own life.

      Delete
  6. You made me Smile with this one... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating - Never regret yesterday, live for today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regretting those things that need to be forgiven is important. Moving on after that, yes.

      Delete
  8. That was a clever way to use a song lyric. I couldn't help but chuckle as this progressed.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great adjectives for Mr. Anonymous, Ms. Radio Personality. Thanks for the creative interlude here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some anonymous guy deserves extra adjectives.

      Delete
  10. Everytime I see the word 'Regrets, I immediately thing, 'I've had a few.' :) That man could def. belt one out and make it sound pleasant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinatra surely had more than a few! Ava Gardner? Mia Farrow? A variety of mistresses? Investments with questionable people?

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!