Friday, November 18, 2016

A Vessel of Kindness

Business ideas for 2016: Pottery
vessel in the making

Great Aunt Evangeline always visited on my birthday, as regular as calendar and clock. Auntie E was full of so many things, most of them really irritating.  Adages? She had them. Shameless bragging? Overload there. A hoard of wisdom?  Good there, too.

Auntie E was a bland plain woman, with legs like stems. So utterly huge to the point of bursting, her size dominated any room. A successful business woman, she owned her own brokerage, always possessing great insight on sales and trends. And, believe it or not, that lady had a great golf swing

Yet, for all the things I hated about her, I loved her for them. In so many ways, Auntie E was a vessel of kindness to all she knew. While I possessed just a vestige of humanity, Auntie E loved and was loved, cared and was cared for, gave and then was given. 


I was none of those things. Still am.

The smallest act of kindness...
source


11 comments:

  1. Some people can sure touch many and leave others wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of my late aunt, who had many of these qualities, but was not fat.

      Delete
  2. It takes a special person.
    Have a great Thanksgiving. Did you see MST3K is doing a Turkey Day marathon that day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What movie is featured?? I loved the last MST3Ks we have seen.

      Delete
  3. A lovely story about a lovely Auntie using all the Words for Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it. We all need to know someone like that. And more of us need to strive to be someone like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of two different aunts like that. Loved them dearly and they loved me as well. With all our warts, we loved each other.

      Delete
  5. A very nice story, loved it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like the kind of woman I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!