Monday, October 24, 2016

There she was, just walkin' down the street....

Image result for stiletto shoes
source
There she was, crossing safely in the pedestrian walk.  While I sat, idling in my conservative car, I found little to do, except to watch this woman make her way slowly to the curb, leaving her car a few houses up.

She was someone no one could ignore, including a car beside me.

Wearing stiletto shoes, glossy black with red soles and heels, she understood how to wear these shoes.  She strutted, proudly so. Legs were white--almost un-naturally white—and they were long and lean. 

Legs led up to short black skirt, so short that her butt cheeks peeked out below. They were white, skin was white even there.  And she wore a clinging red sweater outlining full breasts.  No fat hung off her, a black patent leather belt cinched an already tiny waist.

Her face, oh that face. It was white, so white, with blood red lipstick spread on heavily on full thick lips. That was when she turned her head to gaze defiantly at me and other moms watching from their cars.

She tossed black glossy hair, teased high and out.  Midnight black eye shadow with massacre framed pale blue eyes.


Carrying a metal storage clipboard, she glanced down at a paper, then at the street sign.  Finally, she reached the sidewalk, and strode down into a residential area, walking past family homes.
We all drove on, heading to pick up our school children. Catching each other’s eyes, we realized what we had seen: a street walker, walking down the street.


 She had an appointment to keep.



18 comments:

  1. A pretty package only on the outside.
    And yes, that song is now stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed...I too have been singing do-wa-diddy-dum-ditty-do.

      Delete
  2. Well, at last, something to replace that insane "I've got a brand new pair of roller skates" song that has been rattling around in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Good analogy. I would be scared of her.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes the outer layer has less truth behind it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her eyes, oh I can never forget her eyes...

      Delete
  5. Not that I know anything about the street-walking business, but I didn't realize guys could have gals delivered right to their homes these days. My, such convenience! Hmmm, I wonder what a business like that would be called. Dial-a-Doll, maybe? Or Pizza Slut? Although the temptation is great to continue along this line, I'd better stop now.

    I must confess, when I was young, I totally would have worn those shoes. Not for long, mind you, but for a brief while, anyway. Now my hubby's lucky if I put any shoes on at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is newer, better way. No walking down streets, taking chances. If wife has a job and husband works later, then this a block of time. And no need to get a hotel room, no car expense. On line delivery.

      Delete
  6. That poor woman. Not a job I could do. Not a life I could live. And, I suspect she is moved (for good and for ill) by the same things that motivate most of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Make hay while the sun shines" comes to mind. This career can't last long and get the good money. I hope she has an investment plan.

      Delete
  7. Always a shock to see those things we know about, talk about, and even sometimes joke about, right out there in the open. It certainly would take a defiant look, walk, and attitude to pull that off in the middle of the day. YIKES! I wonder, was she singing 'do wah ditty dum ditty dum!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good question. Song in her head?

      Delete
  8. I thought for sure she was going to strut, slip and turn an ankle. I'm rather glad that didn't happen. Some people really do know how to manage stilettos gracefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She must have had a lot of practice walking in those heels.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!