Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Second Annual Lobster Festival, Murrieta, CA

First Annual Lobster Festival, 2015
Sunday, October 7-9, 2016, marked the Second Annual Lobster Festival in Murrieta, California. It was a rousing success by all, including ourselves.

Where did all those find their way to our community? Murrieta is far as it gets from Maine. Air fare to ship that many lobsters is staggering.

One day of attendance

There were too many lobster vendors to count.  Lobster mac & cheese?  You got it, over there.  Lobster with butter?  Cajun Lobster? Over there, buddy. Lobster gumbo? Same place 

Dig in!
Everywhere.  And, what was impressive, was the huge steam tank into which live lobsters were dumped. And then young men carried tubs of freshly steamed lobster over to the vendors. For more info, please access this site, Web site.

Happy people
Granddaughter Lily was ready for it all.  “Just don’t get in my way…”  Granddaughter Clara was “Ah.  I’ve had enough of it all.”

Somehow a petting zoo was worked into the festivities, and was ringed with children.  Clara’s time finally came.  Clara petted goats, sheep, pigs, chickens—all the usual. Chickens were amazing.  I have never seen a chicken stand quietly, let alone be touched. I believed firmly that those animals had had a dose of sedatives.

Lily returned, saying, “Steer Clara away from here, before she sees…”  the dancing chickens on Hawaiian Dancing Chicken Grill BBQ.

It was too late, Clara was there, sobbing.  “They killed them! They murdered innocent chickens.”


Clara sobbed all the way to the car.

18 comments:

  1. Don't tell her where bacon comes from then.
    I'll admit, I'm not a big lobster fan. I don't like my food staring back at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understand that here. I love lobster that has been "beheaded" and prepared so I don't have to think about. A little lobster goes a long way.

      Delete
  2. I love it when we find reasons to sit together and do things.

    Take care.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of families were there. Not just adults, but extended families. There was also great entertainment--One group played/sang Johnny Cash w/June Carter. Excellent.

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid I'm not big on thee 'water bugs' but I'm all there for the petting zoo. Poor little Clara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clara is such an animal person. We were watching a movie where Cuba Gooding, Jr. inherited a dog sled team from grandfather. Cuba had to sled his father to medical facility, and disasters happened. Two dogs fell over a cliff, with Cuba and father were hanging onto the leads. the other dogs managed to pull them up and out. Clara was upset about the two dogs, not the men. Not at all.

      Delete
  4. Never liked lobster much, but sounds like a great gathering. Except for Clara learning about the murdered chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is okay with hamburgers and sausage with cow and pig. But after seeing the chickens, I just don't know.

      Delete
  5. Poor Clara. I am with her. All the way. And my partner's sister had a rooster which used to sit in her lap in the evening and watch television with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rooster as a lap dog!! That is awesome.

      Delete
  6. Tough lesson for the little one. Sounds like a great day out otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day, altho way hot (95). We ate, we talked, we ate some more...and then the petting zoo. Good day.

      Delete
  7. Lobster mac and cheese! Cajun lobster! Lead me to it!!
    It's been a very long time since I had lobster, I've probably forgotten what it tastes like :)
    It does look like a wonderful day out apart from the chicken incident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long time since I'd eaten so much lobster. We had an awesome time with our family.

      Delete
  8. A harsh reality to meet at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to pull up a post about Clara and cowboots.

      Delete
  9. I'm really into food although I have to admit looking this creature it's probably not on my list of favourite things. At least lobster is red which makes it inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you have to do is remove the head, and it is much better. The taste is undescribable.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!