Friday, October 21, 2016

Rock 'n Roll, full of sin, die and go to hell!


1950s was an amazing time in every sense.  My parents and all that generation witnessed growth beyond their expectations.

What remains unchanging is fascination with Rock 'n Roll, its beginning and growth.  The following video is about 7 minutes long, but watch some of it and smile. Awesome interjections by preachers and judges.


From YouTube

Do you remember any of this? How old were you then? What did your parents say? 

10 comments:

  1. I was three in 1950...didn't really get into the music of the age until all the furor had died down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born in 1951, saw teen girls in their poodle skirts. But rock wasn't big in our area until much much later.

      Delete
  2. I was there, and my parents were pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents never commented on dance fazes, so who knows what they thought. they loved swing. Then they had children.

      Delete
  3. I was far off from that time haha but would have had fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that. This era was incredible.

      Delete
  4. My parents graduated from high school in 1964, so they were children in the '50s. Apparently, one grandmother rather liked rock & roll even though she was more of the big band era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents were the big band era, loved dancing to that music.

      Delete
  5. I don't remember what my parents said about it, but they didn't seem to mind when I rock and rolled with my younger brother in the lounge room, I think I was five and a half and he was newly four.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!