Friday, July 15, 2016


Bringing Home a New Cat
Petfinder.com
From the window of "Purrrfect Grooming",  Gretta groaned as Mrs. Hick lugged a heavy animal carrier containing Pfffit to her store to be groomed.  Oh please dear God, protect me.

At the previous  grooming, Pfffit had attacked her when Gretta tried to clip Pfffit's claws.  Even though the harness had been tied securely to the table, Gretta was scratched severely which required stitches.  Gretta shivered at the memory.

Mrs. Hick had covered the cost of the injury and work time lost, of course. Mortified, Mrs. Hick made many promises.

When the door opened, Gretta greeted Mrs. Hick kindly.  Mrs. Hick anxiously assured her that Pfffit had eaten all the meal served at lunch time.  At that, Gretta lifted a woozy Pfffit, which weakly batted a paw at Gretta.  Ah, my nemisis...we meet again on a field of battle. 

In fifteen minutes flat, Pfffit was back in the cage and driven away. Mrs. Hick had paid a three figures for the grooming, but it was worth every single penny.

Gretta whistled as she counted out the bills.

The end.

Wednesday Words meme was the brainchild of Delores, who tossed out 6 to 12 words for bloggers to use as a chance to try some other genre. When she and her computer continued to have battles, Delores gave the W.W. baton to other bloggers.  This month of July, Elephant's Child is providing W.W. words.  Bloggers may post in her comment section, or write that you will post at your site.  Link it back to her site, allowing us to find you.

In August, HannahBananaface will challenge writers with her word selection.

16 comments:

  1. haha drugged, how rude. No real fair fight then.

    Some sure don't like groomers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fair fight, indeed. BUT Pfffit does have the upper hand, and Gretta has to earn a living. I named the cat after one of your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had cats like that. I am glad that Gretta is brave enough to continue.
    And smiling at the cat's name, and your use of the prompts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having taken our pets to groomers, I am amazed how they handle such a variety of animals.

      Delete
  4. As always a good story from the words provided to you. I'm so glad Samson is such a good boy at the groomers, since there's so much to groom....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! Samson has a huge amount of fur! I can't imagine how long it would take!

      Delete
  5. That is a great name for a cat. And probably genius to drug him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed the name from Pat Hatt's blog and one of his cats.

      Delete
  6. Poor Gretta and very wise of Mrs. Hick to sedate him this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. If not for drugs, our dentist would not have worked on our teeth. We were wretched.

      Delete
  8. Great story. Pffft sounds amazingly like a cat I used to have. Usually ended up in the 'box' at the vet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that many bloggers can identify with Pffft.

      Delete
  9. I love the look on the cat's face! :)

    I'm on Pffft's side. If I was Pffft I wouldn't want my claws clipped either, and I, too, would have struck out with force! Phfft!! That's what I would have hissed "Phfft!"

    Descriptive use of the words...well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee. I, too, am with Pffft.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!