Monday, April 11, 2016

Welcome Home!



File:Masswelcomemat.jpg
From Wikipedia
Home
Bandagedear.com
Such simple two word sentiment, yet this duet cries out with emotion and sincerity, hearts swelling with joy, and flooded by happy tears. 


Welcome home!

To return home after a long absence is framed by two words.  Memories of my parents opening a door and stepping out onto their porch remain strong long after those many trips back home have ended.


Welcome home!
 

When a carrier docks at port, Marines who been on tour for six, nine, or more months  race down the ramp to families holding a sign that reads "Welcome Home, Daddy/Brother/Son!" Hugs and tears mingle with confusion when Daddy picks up his little girl who was only three months when he left.
one-day-someday: “this is too perfect! she’s adorable. ”:
Welcome home!

Welcome home! You are loved and we missed you.

Welcome home! We lived for every phone call and letter.

Welcome home! Photographs of you and yours lay on almost every flat surface.  Photos are smudged with fingerprints and clear of dust.

Welcome home, followed by Come back!  One happens but the other may not.



       Live for the days of "Welcome home!" and rejoice.


22 comments:

  1. Depending on how long I've been away, Welcome Home definitely ranks way up there on my list of sweetest phrases in the English language. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we lived in Ireland, going home was a rarity. When I did fly home to visit, Welcome Home had greater meaning.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home is sure a great phrase to hear when away for a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being at an airport, welcome home is heard at every gate.

      Delete
  3. My parents live in a different house, but it still feels like a welcome home when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents had lived on a farm until Dad retired and they moved. Told my mom that wherever they were was home.

      Delete
  4. The word "home" has such a lovely sound to it. I wish I had appreciated it more when my late dad would ask, "When are you coming home?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get a little misty when I think of that word too.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Even now, after my mother died in 2011, I still refer to her town as my own home town.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful words and so true.
    And I think my eyes are sweating a little too ;)

    Cheers!
    Jen
    Jen Chandler was Here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those words are always precious and evoke so many emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I always step out on my porch when the kids arrive too. :) I saw a 'Welcome Home Marine' sign that choked me up the other day. I remember THAT feeling well, when my Army boy came home, even though he was coming home to his wife and daughter, not mama's house anymore. Still the same happy, grateful, relieved emotions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your house will always be called "home" to him.

      Delete
  9. I remember a lovely Welcome Home several years ago, when my plane was expected to land after dark and I was planning to get a taxi home, it was a nice surprise to see my daughter and son in law waiting at the airport to take me home safely. The only time it's ever happened as I usually manage to get home from anywhere in the daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!