Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday Words: Tobac for the ol' man

http://jblethers.blogspot.com/



Aw, so, ye caught me, yer ol’ man and ol’ wit ruby cheeks from pints of faded memories.

Go ahead, take laughter at me expense, lass.  Give me a kiss and take flight wit yer fairy wings. 

Oh, girl, do ye have any tobac for me píope??

Aw, well, so. On wi’ ye.


...and again I forget to credit the right blogger who threw the words at me with a photo besides.
This week and month are from Randomosity.  Please,oh please, give yourself a whirl and write a short story, poem, prose...there are some mighty handsome words there.  Write in the comment section or indicate that you'll post something at your own site.  We beg that you link it back to her site, so we can all give it a look see.  Slainte.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do so love a short story that paints with small brushes.

      Delete
  2. That's a sweet little story Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Those eyes peering up showed such mischief.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Someone had to give voice to this man.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Glad to please. With his twinkly eyes and that pipe, one cannot go wrong.

      Delete
  6. I can hear the accent. And I do believe it is Scottish, which is fitting since Jacqueline's man has Scottish roots in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Scottish, just next door. It is Irish which is a cousin to Scotland. :)

      Delete
  7. I love it! I can hear him saying the words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!