Monday, January 18, 2016



Running inside to answer the phone, Shelly called over her shoulder, “Tim, you wait for me before you open that cellar door, okay?”  Without waiting for an answer, Shelly grabbed the phone.

“Shelly…Shelly?  Is that you?”
  
“Hi, Grandma!  Didn’t expect to hear from you so soon after your visit yesterday!  What….”  

“Shelly, listen to me.  I found out about the folks who built your house.  Shelly, whatever you do, DO NOT open that cellar door!  You hear me…?  Shelly?”



A distant scream sounded and then the line went dead.

Post note:  This photo was intriguing!  Through some trail following, this is its original site:

Thanks, Laura!!!

This is a post from ages ago, but I liked it.  It is the dark side in me.  June 4, 2012 seems so long ago...

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. the worst we had in our cellar were spiders.

      Delete
  2. So much for Tim.
    A blood red cellar door. Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty red cellar doors, just the kind to lure you in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Most cellar doors are weathered and grey.

      Delete
  4. Love it. I am a firm believer in letting the dark side out. Things hidden away have a tendency to fester and grow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Makes one stop and think about opening such a door.

      Delete
  6. Oooh! Now I'm intensely curious. What happened? What happened in the past with the builders of the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That answer is left up to the reader...

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!