Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Galaxy Quest 2: Mission Continues, hopefully

GalaxyQuestCast
Impressive Cast

Why wasn’t a Galaxy Quest 2 produced?  For those who enjoy bad effects and humor from actors who are forced to attend SyFy events in the roles they held fifteen years ago, we mourn decisions made preventing #2 film.

IF there were a Galaxy Quest 2, Cast would have aged appropriately and plot would have moved forward.


Narcissistic Crewman #6, Guy Fleegman (played by Sam Rockwell) would bring along his daughter, Crewman #6A (??actress—no idea).  She would be aboard to redeem her father’s various character flaws.  6A would roll her eyes, with hands on hips, and remark, “Let’s get this b….ch!”

She would take the first shot, roll and roll, and rip her shirt, revealing a flashy bra.

Gwen Demarco (Sigourney Weaver) would adjust her body Spanix, trying not to limp. Her last knee surgery didn’t go well. Body double, get in here.

Normally Jason Nesbit (Tim Allen) would have rolled and rolled, tearing his shirt to reveal six pack abs.  Instead Jason would adjust his man girdle, pop open a Diet Pepsi, and call, “Hey, body double in!”

Only Fred Kwan (Tony Shalhoub) held onto himself—his youth and humor, no aches at all.  “Fiery Doritos! You tried these yet?”

Tommy Webber (Daryl Mitchel) has moved onto “NCIS: New Orleans”, returning RSVP with regrets.

Sadly, Alexander Dane (Alan Rickman) is unable to participate, and he is missed. He was a versatile actor, a talented man. These are scenes that focus on him.


Basically plot and script would be a repeat with changes, older cast, better effects, and unique humor that was so endearing. 


That would just fine with me.

23 comments:

  1. The years are not kind to even the beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How come they should age? Aren't they someone special, spared the aging problem?

      Delete
  2. Would have been fun indeed if they did 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year, it is talked about and speculated...But never appears.

      Delete
  3. I don't know anything about this film, but I do know a nice comment when I see one. Thank you so much for yours. It lifted my spirits and made me sure I want to continue to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wanted...bloggers enjoy your perspectives and your photos. Don't stop!!

      Delete
  4. I've never seen this. Didn't get to go to many movies. Should I find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie spoofs Star Trek of the 1960s, and it does it well with quality actors. If you get a chance to check it out at a library or at the $5 bin at Wal Mart, try it out. Humor is what we all need.

      Delete
  5. That's true, we'd be missing a key actor. Hey, the Firefly crew got together several years later to make the movie Serenity, so anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serenity and Firefly were so incredible. Maybe there is yet hope.

      Delete
  6. I was just reading something about Alan Rickman, and Galaxy Quest was one of the films they were remembering him for. I don't think I've seen it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan Rickman was an amazing actor, could perform any role. I hope you get a chance.

      Delete
  7. Did you make a mistake with your meds again? (LOL?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of Galaxy Quest but never seen it. It's awful and funny at the same time. Mostly funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! A spoof on Star Trek--very funny.

      Delete
  9. My first to have heard of it. Yes, I do sometimes live under a rock when it comes to entertainiment, I'm the first to admit i. :) This is a good cast of characters. I was sad to hear of Alan Rickman passing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy! It's a long time since I saw the movie I can barely remember it. I'll have to see if I can catch up with it again...but I've so many movies to "catch up with" at the moment...it might have to be slotted in at the end of the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are keeping a list, definitely see this one!

      Delete
  11. We enjoyed the movie but a second one? Not sure that's a good idea, but I could be wrong. Stranger things have happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We fans would be thrilled (we are space geeks).

      Delete
  12. It's a parody of Star Trek, but when I watched Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, I had to laugh because Lucas included a chopper scene. The writers of Galaxy Quest thought the chopper scene was something ludicrous to parody, while Lucas thought a chopper scene was a great idea.

    What would have been really cool would be to have Galaxy Quest done as an actual Star Trek movie, with the Star Trek cast.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!