Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Answers for Wednesday Word's Pop-Quiz

What were the answers to last week's Pop Quiz using the Wednesday Words?  Here are the answers:

Cinderella’s Glass Slipper Gets a Luxury Redo
Can you imagine wearing this??
Who danced in SiO2 slippers?  

Answer: Cinderella



In what book is there a velveteen lagomorth?

Answer: The Velveteen Rabbit




In what book a character fancied Turkish delight?

Another classic which should be read by all

Answer: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe


What book was scandalous for its time, with “Lady” as the first word in the title?

Answer: Lady Chatterley's Lover


Pride and Prejudice (1995) Poster
Mr. Darcy and Miss Elizabeth Bennett

Who was the cad in “Pride and Prejudice?

Answer: Mr. Wickham, oh how I hated him.



Who/what was Miss Prissy in a Looney Tunes cartoon that featured a gallus domesticus?

Answer: Miss Prissy was a chicken in Foghorn Leghorn's cartoon.

And that's all, Folks!

11 comments:

  1. I remember buying Lady Chatterly's lover without the sex in it. Not a bad story actually. Nowadays it's probably pretty tame though. I hated Wickham too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you bought the adulterated version, more for younger readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my two guesses right at your sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Always knew you to be the literary type.

      Delete
  5. I've never read Pride and Prejudice, although I started it a couple of times, I just couldn't get far into it. The writing style I think, too literary for me. Never read Lady Chatterly's Lover either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The writing at that time seemed wordy, stilted. Both were a hit in the 1800s, but the movies brought the books into this time period.

      Delete
  6. Looks like most got them in the comments. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!