Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Balloon of the Mind



hot air balloon lots of them
Balloons in the...
The Balloon of the Mind
Hands, do what you’re bid,
Bring the balloon of the mind
That bellies and drags
In the wind,
Into its narrow shed.
Wm. B. Yeats 



2 glasses of wine
Source: wine as medicine
A Drinking Song
Wine comes in at the mouth
And Love comes in at the eyes.
That’s all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift my glass to my mouth,

I look at you and I sigh.
Wm. B. Yeats
                                                               
William B. Yeats—always a favorite of mine.  Enjoy, and follow the balloons.

This is a post from October 14, 2013.  I loved it then, and love it now.


20 comments:

  1. Too many balloons are barely enough.
    And I have always loved Yeats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balloons floating over the fields nearby are delightful.

      Delete
  2. I think the wind blew away all my mind balloons....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have crazy balloons left in my mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care that Orlin does not decide to let the air out.

      Delete
  4. W B Yeats is one of those poets I just don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps he is my favorite is that we lived in Ireland, stood at his gravesite, learned his history, and such.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Poetry in general is a relaxing literature. Thoughts presented simply, elegantly.

      Delete
  6. I never read much Yeats. His poetry was never paid much attention to in any English classes I took in high school or college. I know his name, but not his work. Now I know a little more.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will seek his work out, and see what you think now as an adult. The poem at top right header is one of his poems.

      Delete
  7. Love to see balloons outside our windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a "winery tourist area" about 30 miles from here. They host balloon launchings with wine tastings. Seeing the sky with so many balloons is breath-taking.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!