Friday, August 28, 2015

WedWords: Pop Quiz Time


Today is QUIZ time!!

Below you will find incredibly difficult fill-in-the-blank type statements or questions.
Can you answer them?


Who danced in SiO2 slippers?  

Answer:__________________________________________


In what book is there a velveteen lagomorth?

Answer:__________________________________________


In what book and with what character fancied Turkish delight?

Answer:___________________________________________


What book was scandalous for its time, with “Lady” as the first word in the title?

Answer:___________________________________________


Who was the cad in “Pride and Prejudice?

Answer:____________________________________________


In classic Looney Tunes, who was Miss Prissy in episodes with the main character, a boisterous gallus domesticus, who spoke with a Southern Accent?

Answer:______________________________________________


 ******************************************************




Every Wednesday, Randomosity posts 6 to 12 words to be used by any blogger who wish to enjoy a break from the serious stuff.  Use these words to write fiction, prose, poetry, flash fiction, etc.  Either post it on your own site and link it back to Randomosity or  make your addition to her blog site comment section.

The underlined bold italicized words are this week's words.  Hope you enjoyed how they were used.

Also, many thanks to Delores at Under the Porch Light who started this writing stir up, and to Elephant's Child who took up the slack when Delores' computer went all wonky. And also to River who took up the baton to pass on.



Go on with it!  Fling yourself out into the unknown!







21 comments:

  1. I thought I answered this already...
    Cinderella, Velveteen Rabbit, The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe, Lady Chatterley's Lover, no idea, and she was a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did answer these...this post went up by mistake. The 5th one was written by Jane Austen...

      Delete
  2. Umm Cinderella, no idea, no idea, no idea, Foghorn Leghorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must catch up on your literature, Pat. But you did know Foghorn Leghorn, which I suspect many will not know (Miss Prissy was a chicken).

      Delete
  3. Knew Cinderella, and Lady Chatterley's Lover, but that's it.

    Did I answer your question about the blue frog? Thanks to your suggestions I added a link, but Inlinkz wouldn't let me copy the Blue Frog Logo/link, until I join, must do that! But the link to the other writers is there. Nice to have you on board too, it's such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two out of six...pretty decent.

      I found out the same, and put a link to the other writers. I hope. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Cinderella, Velveteen Rabbit, no idea, everyone else got this one, you can't possibly mean Darcy so do you mean Wickham, and I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Turkish delight), Lady Chatterley's Lover, definitely Wickham, and chicken.
      Not too bad. These all show my age, I guess.

      Delete
  5. I've got to fess up here Susan, I just haven't got a clue. I could Googlebrain the questions but to quote Crusher from TNG's Justice. I'm from Starfleet, we don't lie, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Janeway and Picard would know. Data, definitely. Riker, no, not even on his best day.

      Delete
  6. The only one I know is Foghorn Leghorn and Miss Prissy, that skinny chicken who was always knitting something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good way to use the words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Dorothy

    2. The Velveteen Rabbit? (Total guess)

    3. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

    4. Lady Chatterly's Lover

    5. Foghorn Leghorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! Dorothy wore red slippers, Cinderella wore glass. But you are the first to take the test successfully! A++++

      Delete
  9. Well I had to go look up siO2 to see what it was.. :) I see people saying The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe for the Turkish Delight. I loved that book as a kid, but I can't remember that part of it, guess it's time to re-read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read CS Lewis till I was an adult, and then my students read them. Makes me want to by some Turkish Delight!

      Delete
  10. I knew a few of them but had to think about each for a while.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing what we can or cannot remember.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!