Friday, August 7, 2015

Wed.Words: Kindle Windle Valentine

children%20walking%20feet%20clip%20art
Kindle Windle Valentine
Kindle Windle Valentine
Went looking for something
He could not find.
It need not be something gentle or kind.
But something where the road would wind,

Which would be just fine.

Kindle Windle Valentine stumbled and fumbled,
Then rose to his feet.
Questions to his mind rumbled.
Should he take the path of dreamers?
Should he seek a place of solidarity?
Which would surely be a rarity…

With hands on his hips, a whistle on his lips,

Kindle Windle Valentine
Was done, then undone by all his searching
with thoughts in his mind.
He was tired of walking and working,
He decided at last to seek a place of comfort,

Which was where he started,

Which was just fine.

This week's words were supplied by Randomosity , Jacqueline has graciously agreed to supply the Wednesday Words writing challenge, from RiverElephant's Child, and Delores (great writers in themselves).

The photo and/or the six words can be used to inspire writers who are struggling with brain block, or simply want to do something else. The bold, underlined words are six unrelated words with which to cut loose and take a big leap.  You won't be sorry!

20 comments:

  1. Oh I love this, sheer brilliance! I know a little person who would love to have this read to her. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of a little boy (a half a world away) who would love this as well. Perhaps I should add some illustrations.

      Delete
  2. The grass sure isn't always greener

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may look green from afar, but once he turns around, he may see the same of the place he left.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Whether he knew this at the beginning, he knew it at the end.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was a name that tumbled from the brain, with Valentine at the end.

      Delete
  5. Kindle Windle Valentine. Now where's the book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far, in my mind. But I can see the illustrations there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRILLIANT! You have no idea how much I wish I could do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get out a paper journal and keep it by your chair--that is what I have always done. Just write what comes in your mind!

      Delete
  8. Oh what fun. Yes, illustrate and publish. Please.
    These words have started some very different journeys this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing in a different genre is uncertain ground. But I have been circling around Kindle Windle Valentine for some time now.

      Delete
  9. Verse! Very nice. Cute little fella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the little fella. I wonder what he would be if I actually drew him??

      Delete
  10. What a lovely little piece. it reminds me of Dr Seuss' Oh The Places You'll Go, which is a big favourite in my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have that Seuss-feel. Very unconsciously, but those Seuss.years when I read to my children

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!