Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Happy Birthday!

HomeTown Buffet
It's a happening place!
Another birthday, another year, Donna June sighed, as her husband talked about yesterday’s football game. “Oh, boy, sweetie!” He had said.  “We’ll go out for dinner!

For Big Jim, dinner could only mean Home Town Buffet with cheap bountiful food, seconds and thirds, no questions asked.  He handed her his keys with a big guffaw as he paid.  “These pants won’t fit after eating tonight!  It’s rib night.”
Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Get Grilling: Now Blue Ribbon Baby Back Ribs Offered Every Night
It's Rib Night!

As quickly as a pig racing to the feed trough, Big Jim was in the line with Dave from work, laughing.  As she wandered around the salad station, she realized that Dave had a huge butt.  In fact, each buttock was the size of a Halloween pumpkin.  Big Jim was nearly the same, perhaps each buttock the size of Easter ham.

She placed the salad plate on the table and wrote a short sweet note to Big Jim. “You can hitch a ride from Dave…” Donna June walked to the truck and revved it up. A movie was playing, one that Big Jim had ridiculed as “…some dumb love story…you know I hate those…”


Well, Jim, we all hate something…

24 comments:

  1. Sad, for both of them. I know a man like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a husband who loves Home Town, I have seen many people like that at Home Town. That restaurant is on the forbidden restaurant list.

      Delete
  2. for some folks eating is the only nice thing in their lives....so they eat and get fat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Comfort or stress relieving maybe...so many people have eating as "their addiction of choice" (a nurse/over eater/addict explained that term used by that medical community at meetings).

      Delete
  3. Wow, that would be one big butt lol sadly, so many like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, this post is based on fact, not fiction. I have experienced it, several times. Only I did not grab the keys and escape. Since I love my husband so very dearly, this issue must always be addressed, and that is my part of my marriage. If the positions were reversed, I would sincerely hope that he would do the same for me.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad my spouse isn't like that. Buffet is wasted on both of us as we don't eat that much.
    And nice to know you never took off on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never give up on a loved one.
      I have always wondered what the trash bin is like behind a restaurant, and how much buffet place throws out.

      Delete
  5. I'd rather do the salad and the movie too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd skip the movie and have popcorn instead. Salad would come later.

      Delete
    2. ooops. I meant skip the salad and go to movies, have popcorn instead. Big difference.

      Delete
  6. A sadness. As all addictions are. Sad for the addict, and for his/her family. And destructive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No addict seems to really understand how this affects the family.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure Wal-Mart was on the agenda for that trip as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Going to Wal-Mart wasn't on the "agenda". There was no agenda. The salient points of the post were obesity and respect. But, Wal-Mart as the "agenda" would have made for a different story.
      I go to Wal-Mart.

      Delete
  8. Total thoughtlessness. They don't realise they are being selfish and probably wouldn't care anyway. I like the Chinese buffet we go to, but otherwise we don't go to buffets - not that we go out a lot. Like our own food too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is in our food? It now a combination of preservatives and additives. Scary.

      Delete
  9. This makes me glad I can't see my own backside. I don't yet spill over the sides of my chair though, so that's something. Mmm, ribs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the chair test now and then, just to check. In our last flight to see our son, I still fit in the seat, but my husband?
      He likes ribs, too.

      Delete
  10. My husband has his favorite restaurant also and nine out of 10 times, that is where we go. I believe why go into battle after you lost the war. It is not a buffet and not unpleasant, but I sure would like to try other places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "why go into battle after you lost the war.:that says so much.

      Delete
  11. A wonderful tale and so typically male. gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What else can we do, when our lives are so intertwined? Gotta love 'em.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!