Friday, September 5, 2014

If only...


Flying on moonbeams fair
Over flowers and with bees,
Caressing a sleeping child’s hair,
Seeing what only a Fairy sees.


Standing on a mountain peak,
Weeping at the beauty of grass and sea.
Wind sweeping, I cannot speak,
As if God prepared this spot for me.


Gliding hands along heads of wheat,
Almost golden, yet still green.
Discovering a single red poppy
Bravely, gracefully greets and humbles me, 
for what I have seen.


Each week, Delores creates a writing challenge for participants.  This week she also asked for a poem telling what we would do if there were no restrictions placed upon us. Hmmmm...

 What would you write?

Please visit Delores' site by either clicking on her name above or clicking on the train tracks on the right sidebar.  PLEASE!

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wish all this were true. Well, the poppy part is true.

      Delete
  2. Dear Susan, I think if I could write with no restrictions I'd fashion a novel about the growth of the human spirit through darkness. But the thing is I am restricted by a lack of ability with regard to writing a truly literary novel. And I'm restricted by not having the type of mind--the mental capacity--to think deeply enough to do the exploring necessary for writing such a literary novel. But I can write what I do have the talent for. And so I do. And I'm so glad that your--with your great gestalt for life and your mind-bloggling imagination--write also. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must all write from the heart, with what direction God has given us. For me, it is in few words. For you, I hope He sends you the capacity to do that novel. I know you can.

      Delete
  3. It only takes one to rise up and one can persevere if they choose to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I would love to be on that mountain peak!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful poem filled with vivid imagery! Excellent Susan!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed going those places in your own mind.

      Delete
  5. What an absolutely perfect poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would go to those places as well.

      Delete
  6. How very, very beautiful. And evocative. I love the places of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, to go there in reality! In my heart and mind will have to suffice.

      Delete
  7. I've tried poetry in the past, but mine wasn't really that good. I need to spend some time studying and practicing.
    Yours is lovely.
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a musician, you can hear the music and the rhythm. Let that lead you and you'll find the poetry that already exists in you.

      Delete
  8. I love where you have found beauty and peace. Only nature can give us that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is impossible to imagine anywhere else to find such, except in the nature in and around us.

      Delete
  9. This is awesome, Susan. You did a great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delores really opened this up for so many options!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!