Friday, May 30, 2014

Wednesday Words: Cassandra and...?


Source
Not yet mastering the art of being actively locomotive, Cassandra was magnificent in her crawling skills.  The speed with which she traveled from sofa to the front door was eerily reminiscent of her unholy older brother.

Even with her sodden diaper and even though her butt emitted enough methane to fire up a gaslight, Cassandra held her own in travel time.


Samuel*** watched his baby sister with a villainous smile.  Oh the places we will go…the things we will do.

Stock image of 'Portrait of beautiful little boy giving you thumbs up over white background'
Source

*** The World of Samuel starts at this site:


and continues in Chronicles of Samuel

Samuel and Cassandra's adventures will take up after summer.

Credit for the bold and underlined words go to Delores at Under the Porch Light who has been fighting a cold and all sorts of things that go with such.
You can access other participants in the Wednesday Words by clicking on the yellow flowers in a stream, to add your own short stories, poems, flash fiction, etc.  You will never regret doing this, and you will always wonder why you didn't.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh the things they will do...true, the house is shivering its timbers.

      Delete
  2. haha the house may not be left standing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the parents have good insurance.

      Delete
  3. The methane mention brought back memories of days spent with diaper rash, diaper pails, diaper clean up. I'm glad I did that. I'm also glad I'm not doing it now.

    I'll check out Wednesday Words. It sounds like a "summery" kind of thing I could do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diaper pails...lots of memories. My son and youngest daughter were two years apart, both in diapers for an overlap of 20 months.

      I hope you stop by Delores' site; she is a delightful.

      Delete
  4. He will be a good role model, for trouble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the two of them, they could change the world. Ender's Game level?

      Delete
  5. ...and the havoc they will wreak! Siblings can concoct some wild adventures.

    Lee
    What is the best short story ever written?
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun. I am looking forward to reading more about Samuel's protege. And wish I could work out how to put accents on words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never can figure those accent marks either. Glad you will enjoy the new adventures.

      Delete
  7. Samuel will teach her well. Everyone should watch out and keep the cleaning supplies up front and close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus all flammable liquids and garden tools.

      Delete
  8. My gosh! With Samuel to learn from Cassandra will go far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A whole new world for both of them.

      Delete
  9. Babies on the move and siblings in collaboration. The parents will never be the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was never the same for us, and I would guess that could be said of all parents.

      Delete
  10. Your imagination knows no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was written so thoughtfully that my eyes are starting and my nostril hairs are singeing from the thoughts of time travelling to Uranus. I shall check out the link.

    Have a peaceful, fresh weekend, Susan.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samuel is a favorite character of mine. He lets me be me.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!