Monday, May 12, 2014

Roses into Darkness

The Garden in April 2014 

Gary pulled rough work gloves, enjoying smells of dirt from previous gardening ventures.  Between Gary and Kelly, the roses had been pruned, now bursting in color.  Gary reveled in scented beauty.

Oranges by June, Gary smiled.  Kelly will love that.

But, last week’s wind storm had almost destroyed the lemon tree.  Dang!  If only I had cut off some branches, or picked off older lemons…then…I

Pain burst in his head.  Behind his eyes an aura obliterated the roses.  Star bursts, quavering lines.

Star Aura: From our very own star!
Source: sailinjohn
Gary crawled inside, calling  “Kelly!”

 Sadly, Kelly guided Gary. Another dark room day.


19 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! And bummer about your lemon tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we can save it. Will have to do some serious cut-backs.

      Delete
  2. Uggg to the migraine, always gets in the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure shot my weekend. So much for fun.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. oh boy. this wkend was the worst. heat and pressure change + wind w/pollen.

      Delete
  4. I cannot imagine this. Your last picture is a graphic of the explosion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty amazing shot; I access rgbstock.com, free for bloggers from amateur artists.

      Delete
  5. Migraines can zap you and then some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain can zap you in any form but migraines? Man.

      Delete
  6. That reminds me of migraines. One burst of light can do ya' in for the rest of the day and sometimes then some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have felt that misery. Last one sent me to the hospital thinking I had a tumor or something. Hope your day today is rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man i am sorry---hope you are much better now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is a windy blustery day, but I am fine.

      Delete
  9. Oh no! Do the migraines often come on without warning?
    I always have warnings, mostly a tightening ring right around my head, sometimes a pain over my right ear.
    I hope you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!