Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Oh-So-Negative Letter N

Letter N on the dice: Character on the cube
Krzysztof (Kriss) Szkurlatowski@12frames.eu
The Letter N

My dictionary, The New Lexicon Webter's Dictionary (left behind my kids when they moved out) is handy, as it shows that the letter N garners 27 pages of definitions.  The letter X gets a measly 2 pages, while Z gets 5 pages.  Go figure.

We could go with nourishment, needlenecromancer, Never Land...


The Letter N today is:

NO!

It is well used by children and adults alike.  But my desire is to take N to a different level, with the aid from Ringo Starr.  Here it goes:



Now that was rather painless or very painful.  

It depends on your own Beatle devotion.  (Personally, I was in love with George Harrison.  He seemed to be the only intelligent one of the fab four.)

While my female friends swooned about Paul McCartney and John Lennon, ignored George, they didn't view Ringo Starr as a person.  Ringo Starr?  Really?  Is that even a name?  Pretty much what most nubial girls I knew would say.

Ringo Starr is still alive and enjoying success.  


Ringo Starr
from Rolling Stone's Artists

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/ringo-starr#ixzz2yskJy5P4 
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook


With his intelligence, George Harrison viewed Ringo Starr to be one of the best drummers in the business.

My apologies to readers who believe that intelligence is not a common or necessary element for some artists' success. 


19 comments:

  1. The dude married Barbara Bach - obviously he had something going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ringo has aged a lot better than "Sir Paul"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I love your apologies at the bottom Susan! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister always claimed to love Ringo. I never could figure out if she was serious or not. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to mention that I was wondering about those wimpy little two pages for X too. I wonder how many of us will be using the same word that day. :-)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. No is said a ton, as for the Beatles, can't say i ever swooned over any one lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always associate him as being "one" of the Beatles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I haven't heard that song before. It made me laugh. I'll admit the Beatles are a bit before my time, so I have no opinion about Ringo.

    I saw your comment on my blog yesterday and wanted to say a big THANK YOU. I really appreciate the feedback. You are absolutely right about the stilted dialogue, and I'm going to work on cleaning that up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the Beatles as a group. I had no individual crushes as I was a little older then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew the words, but it's been awhile. Must have been a song that played on the radio when I was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He must be a great husband too. Ringo's been married to Barbara Bach for over 30 years. Perfect song for "N!"

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Given the times I am wondering whether this was a satirical song.
    And No is a word I don't use enough.

    ReplyDelete
  13. NO, I was and still am a lennon fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder what John lennon would have written had he lived. The Beatles really were a creative force.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder Z and X are always hard letters for finding topics! Q probably has few entries, as well!

    Visiting you from the A to Z challenge sign-up page. Great to meet you!

    Stephanie Faris, author
    30 Days of No Gossip
    http://stephie5741.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked George also. He was the quiet one and that is how I like my men.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been a Beatles devotee for 28 years. I started as a Paul fan, then John, now George. I'm assuming I'll eventually hit a Ringo life phase but I'm not there yet.

    He is a much better drummer than most people appreciate - not an acrobat like Moon, Bonham or Peart but a solid musician. He is also the all-time champion of the "right place at the right time" life game. And there's no shame in that whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd completely forgotten about the No-No song, nice to hear it again.
    I never understood all the fuss about the Beatles, all that screaming and swooning.
    My sister was Gaga for Paul.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!