Thursday, April 10, 2014

the Letter I


Character I on the cube: Dice with letter
http://www.12frames.eu/

Today is the day for Letter I.  Again, choices are wide:  innate, indigenous, irate, idiom...  But I will choose this for my Letter I:
Source

Isle of Innisfree by W.B. Yeats

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:

Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes
      dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the 
       cricket sings;

There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;

While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.


Source: Wikipedia

W.B.Yeats---worth a read

19 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that poem by Yeats, but then, I'm very fond of Yeats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like a dreamer doesn't he? Beautiful poem....I could be a gongoozler and live in that cabin and watch the world go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a cabin i could relax in

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is about as beautiful as it gets. I was not familiar with it, yet it feels like he wrote it just for me. To be able to touch another's heart and soul like that is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was worth the trip over and then some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to go to Innisfree. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational and beautiful. Thank you Susan for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice poem to go with that beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful [lace to hide out in- no matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A neat getaway by the lake... Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all search for a place of peace. This is a lovely open you chose, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful image followed by a beautiful poem. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a peaceful place!
    I need a weekend there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love Johnny. Good song choice, also love Toe the Line. He has so many good songs. Yeats' lyrical beauty ... hmmm, so poetic -- "And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow" ... so much power in those words. Great shots, Susan. Peaceful, a place to really hear oneself think.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!