Friday, March 21, 2014

Wednesday Words: Ephemeral

: Weird abstract texture. Thought it might be useful.
xymonau: Dez Pain
As the raging migraine hit, Maura sat with her head over a bucket.  When the nausea retreated, an inexplicable ephemeral euphoria descended over her. 

The scurrilous and reprehensible pigpen-scent that had been part of her 
accursed life receded,  Maura was left with an unidentified sense of 
petulant-less peace and lack of pain.  The air was at once free of smell.


Well.  I wonder how long this will last?

Many thanks to Delores at Under the Porch Light.  She tosses out six words faithfully to any who would participate in the Wednesday Words.  Please click on the stream in the right bar to access her site, complete with a list of participants.  Delores is awesome; I hope to meet her someday.

Oh, the photo above is by Dez Pain/xymonau at Free Stock Photos: Rgbstock.  The photo is what I see in my head when I have a migraine.  Sometimes the colors are purple and blue.  Please check out the photo site--talent there to be found.

18 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law has migraines. I feel for all who do. And I'm thankful beyond words that they don't afflict me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...migraine pain and sickness. My mom suffered so from that. Eventually, she hit menopause and the frequency of migraine dropped off greatly. The hubs sister is the opposite. She was fine UNTIL she hit menopause and then the migraines started. Got to have something to do with hormones yes?
    Great use of the words today...I can tell you are speaking from experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such an interesting group of words. Ephemeral?

      Delete
  3. So am I. Hope you sis-in-law is able to get relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I was just thinking this morning on the drive home from the kids' schools that the coffee I'd picked up at a drive-through window smelled so good. Then I instantly remembered how awful that same smell was when I had migraines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I have the "Illusion" of different smells: skunk, pigpen, chili, , etc. I hate going to a movie and have that illusion.

      Delete
  5. Migraines suck, glad I got rid of mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. My migraine visions are painfully hot colours. Reds, yellows with purple accents. And, often, by the time I vomit the worst is over. Just the migraine hangover to endure.
    This spoke too clearly to me. I know that you suffer, and hope it gets to be less often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that you are part of the Migrainer Club.

      Delete
  7. Hey, that's really good! Similar description to my migraines which are milder and almost never have the head-over-a-bucket component, but they are almost always brought on by smells. Of the floral and mouldy mulch variety.
    I LOVE the image up top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to get them constantly in adolescence, some of most painful things anyone can experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they no longer are part of your life.

      Delete
  9. So far I have been lucky and not had any

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've painted a very vivid picture with Wednesday Words! Sorry that your pain is so intense.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get one occasionally. I can't do much until I get rid of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the painting you picked for this post...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!