Saturday, March 1, 2014

There Be Dragons....



Bish's place

Bish Denham from http://bish-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/ has given me an award, “Dragon’s Loyalty Award”.  One has to love dragons, and I be no different.

There are some requirements to accepting awards, however:  1) tell seven things about yourself; and, 2) award 15 other recipients and notify them of the award.

This is the hard part for me.  All bloggers who read and comment on my blog delight me totally!  Also, I don’t want to put a burden of continuing the award-giving on these bloggers.  So, I will change this a bit.

I hope Bish won’t mind…she is such a dear blogging friend whose writing and perspective I admire.  Award giving is a way of honoring someone whose blogs have impressed the reader.  

Sooooo…. I will post the Dragon award in this post, and invite readers to copy and paste with the URL from where it came, AND write seven things about yourself.

Without any more whining or such, here are seven things about myself:

     1.  I lived in Ireland for a few years, where my husband’s family owned and operated a hotel, Hotel Vienna Woods, Glanmire, Co. Cork.


1985

.
    2.   Seeing a baby turns me into a mound of grandma goo,  “bbbaaaabbbyyyy!”

    3.  Discovering things about my ancestors has become interesting.

    4.  I love to see an old photo, speculate about the frozen images, and write about them.

    5.  I hate summer.

    6.  I love rain.  (Southern California)

Rain, real rain!


    7.  A swimming pool has to be above 80° for me to take the plunge.


Now…whatcha got?

Please use this award as an opportunity to share something about you...I wrote "grandma goo", didn't I?!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award...and it's pretty too. "Grandma goo"....gotta' love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dragons of lore; not face to face. We grandmas are all the same.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Susan, we have a lot in common.
    No, I never lived in Ireland. But all the others apply to me too!!
    Congratulations on the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you feel free to copy it for yourself, and then share the marvelous things that make u[ you.

      Delete
  3. lol better to turn to goo then to spread goo. Don't like summer, geez, but bet it is super hot there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer---so many hot miserable days. Grandma goo is the best goo going.

      Delete
  4. I only like summers in Sweden. I don't exactly hate them here, but they are way too hot for me. Also, I don't know how to write short and concise comments. Just think how many more blogs I could read and leave comments on if I could master that skill. Enough said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine thinking in two languages might complicate writing. Write everything, Inger, because we love it.

      Delete
  5. Love learning these facts. And rain, yes, so very welcome here in So. Cal. As I'm typing, I glance out the window, and yes, it's raining. Glorious day. We need it so badly.

    Ireland, no never lived there, but would love to visit one day. Here's the thing though, I lived in E. Europe -- Romania -- for twenty-two years. Born and raised there. Both my parents families are from two small towns there.
    Totally agree with you on the swimming pool temp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your map of Romania and the photos of the old city--it must be an enchanting place to live.

      Delete
  6. Those are fun facts! I love that you lived in Ireland! And baby's turn me into grandma goo too (and I'm proud of that). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireland is incredibly beautiful. The green cannot be described.

      Delete
  7. I knew that I loved you. And dragons. Snap on so many of the things on your list - including the impossibiity of selecting just a few bloggers to honour. Hooray for the just washed fresh scent of rain, and boo and hiss to summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During summer, my days are spent inside with a/c on. And rain...we are having rain now and I feel like going outside to dance...in fact I just may.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your award. I'm a lover of dragons too and a dragon lady myself, being born in the year of the dragon; my younger daughter is also a dragon lady. We both have several bookmarks each with dragon pictures on them.
    Babies no longer turn me to goo the way they used to, I still like them, but no longer wish I had one, nor do I feel the need to hold and cuddle them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer can be awful when it is only heat and no breeze

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan,

    I was delighted to note you received that award from the adorable Bish. Hearty congrats to you, dear lady. You've had a varied life. I reckon your heart will always have a fondness for Ireland. I took the plunge outside. Yes, my garden seems like a swimming pool.

    Well done and my comment wont dragon, I promise.....

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  11. And did the Little People visit you often in County Cork? Share their gold? I doubt that.

    Anyhow, congratulations on the award! Mine is a non-award blog, so I'll let it be.

    Blessings and Bear hugs! (To the Cat, too.)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!