Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What to do next?!





stormy skies: storm clouds in southern skies
Source: TACLUDA

One of the curses of a migraine life is that it must be lived indoors, away from the light, in nearly complete silence.

The only joy of such a life is a focused expression.  Whether it is writing or some other creation, the scope is narrowed and intense.

Think of a funnel.  Pour a liquid in the broad end and forcing it to condense, collapse in order to exit a narrow port.  Kinda sounds like giving birth, which I guess in a sense it is.

Writing is one joy, when I can retrieve the words from a reluctant brain that hurts intensely.  Samuel and Adventures in the Sock Drawer are part of that joy.


For Benjamin
Colors and color combination.  Working with shapes.  Putting them in a pleasing, exciting pattern is the reward. Sewing and quilting is that reward.


For Eli (still in progress)

For Aimee
For Benjamin
Wall hanging for Erin (unfinished when photo was taken)

Obviously, I have had many migraines.

For me
But I have much joy.

P.S.  There are other quilts, but could not locate my photos. Dang.











16 comments:

  1. If you must have pain at least you funnel it into something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working with the colors is therapeutic. It lifts my heart.

      Delete
  2. Wow. When I have migraines I am either in a darkened room or head down over the bowl, expelling everything I have consumed for the last year or so. I am in awe at your creativity and your positive use of pain. And I love your quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that you are also a migraine-er. I hate the times I have to have bowl by my side as well.

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilts. You are a very precise seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Your compliments mean a lot.

      Delete
  4. They look great and blah, had a few of those so know what they are like, thankfully I got rid of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Pat? You don't like my quilts?

      Delete
    2. Quilts are great. Meant blah to the migraines. Grammar nazi will shame me for that one. haha

      Delete
  5. Your quilts are beautiful, and I love all of the different designs! I'm sorry that you suffer from severe migraines. I hope that they are seasonal, and will settle down soon.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quilt store called to say that Eli's quilt is ready to pick up. They have a quilting machine that does the top stitch.

      Delete
  6. I love the quilts, especially that last one. My migraines are not nearly as bad as yours get, I rarely have to hide away in a dark room and sleep for hours with strong medication. Maybe once a year. I hope yours improve and don't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that you also have the monster. It was fun to make a Christmas quilt, and actually keep it.

      Delete
  7. I tried to comment from the iPad last week and it didn't let me edit, for some bizarre reason. I was trying to tell you how I love your variety! Cools and warms. Great designs. Do you have a favorite? Seriously can't fathom trying to deal with precise measuring, cutting, piecing, or the hum of the sewing while dealing with a migraine. For me it's a dark, silent room, ice or heat (depending on weather), and perhaps the porcelain god to bow to.
    I applaud you for being able to cope by quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!