Monday, September 16, 2013

Miracle Seafood Sauce


Sue’s Miracle Seafood Sauce

Step one:  Go to the drawer in which you have thrown/kept the pre-packaged condiments that one gets from fast-food restaurants. 

 -- sauce ketsup packets pepper catsup ketchup condiments soy peppers condiment packet
Source


Step two: Retrieve all the ketchups you have in there.  It should be about 50 or maybe more.

Step three:  Take out the hot sauces gotten at Del Taco, Taco Bell, or any other Mexican food franchise.



JITB Hot Taco Sauce
Source







Step four:  Go the refrigerator where you have a collection of Arby’s Horsey Sauce.  You will need about 50 or so.  



Source
(If you do not have any of these, scrounge around in the fridge for some horseradish sauce or straight ground horseradish.  It will be in the back of the fridge, and has no expiration date; nothing can survive in a bottle of horseradish.  You probably got it for some recipe and used it only once.)

Beaver Extra Hot Horseradish - Quart Jar
Source
Step five:  Cut one end from the packets.  Do not try to tear them open.  They never tear off nicely.  Then squeeze the ketchup, Horsey Sauce, and hot sauce into a small to medium mixing bowl.

Step six:  Mix it all together and taste.  You may need to add some more ketchup; check in another drawer for that.  Also, you may need some Mayo if you did not have Arby’s Horsey sauce.  Check that drawer in the fridge for the Mayo packets. 


There you go.  Get out the shrimp and dig in!

19 comments:

  1. Ummm errr hmmm step 7 - run away lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it does not call for duck sauce. I have boxes of those packets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packets show my husband's taste, I guess. I have loads of Soy Sauce.

      Delete
  3. So, what will you be putting in the empty drawers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some packet of soy sauce and pancake syrup to use. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  4. Do you know we have only perhaps five or six of those condiment packages in the house? We do have horseradish though. I like it on cheese sandwiches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your other half probably doesn't stop by McDonald's on whim.

      Delete
  5. If we ate at places that gave out packets (besides Chinese take out) that would work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you come up with something using the soy sauce.

      Delete
  6. That collection of sauces looks quite familiar... LOL and it's a revelation that perhaps I'm not spending enough time in the kitchen!
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means that I am not spending enough in there as well!

      Delete
  7. that's a creepily accurate play-by-play of how i approach cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have a single one of those take out sauce packets, no horseradish either since I'm allergic to it.

    That mixture actually sounds quite....awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you're speaking my language. I keep those little packages of ketchup, mayo, mustard around until my husband finally says: they're probably bad by now.
    Sugar, too, and I don't even use much sugar. There is something about keeping them around ... just in case -- even though I have a bottle of ketchup and one of mustard in the fridge already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. To all:

    This was a sauce made from a sudden emotional explosion when I looked at the over-flowing drawer. After concocting this mixture, all that is left are packets of syrup and soy sauce, and maybe some strawberry preserves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to know that "nothing can survive in a bottle of horseradish!" This is my kind of recipe!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!