Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wednesday Words: Regina and Reginald

Ruined House B&W: Im happy for anyone to use any of my shots restriction free. I would only ask that they not be used for political, sexual or hate purposes, in keeping with the spirit of SXC.Also I would appreciate a quick mail to let me know how you've used the shot, jus
Source: stevek
The twins had lived their eighty years in the same house, each claiming their own half. 

Dreamy Hearts: A beautiful dreamy abstract of hearts and flowers in shades of pink and purple. Looks better in the large version.
Source: xymonau
Regina was inclined toward the luxurious while Reginald preferred the “house in decline” style.  Her rooms were divine in their pink and purple valentines.  Reginald preferred manly pine walls where the heads of leonine and bovine animals were stuffed and preserved.

Buffalo: Buffalo in Custer State Park, Custer, SD
Source: midwest


Unknown to both, clandestine termites were burrowing through the supports with machine dedication and engine –like industry.

termite terror: termite close-up on termite damaged wood
Source: TACLUDA

What once had been a place enshrined by money and obsession soon fell into ruin, collapsing into a ravine.  Regina’s screams and Reginald’s roaring obscenities disappeared in the rubble.

Delores @thefeatherednest really made this week's words a true challenge.  But...I do love a challenge!  Check out her post!  Participate in her weekly words!!

8 comments:

  1. Those little suckers can sure give one a very bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly...you used all 12 words and what a great story. You are the queen this week...the best I could do was eleven words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I can see the slow, steady decline and final downfall. Amazing the difference 12 words can make . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You managed to use ALL the words... and the story makes sense, too! I am duly impressed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, um, well. The fall of the house of . . . Regina and Reginald (Usher-ing in a new era, perhaps). Frankly, I would have chewed out the termites for being so active, and destructive, in such an amazing house.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting, Life in the Urban Forest (poetry).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You met the challenge, and nailed it. I did a Captain Oates and took a walk outside when faced with these words. And I was right - I have been some time, and I am probably deader than the esteemed Captain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eighty years in one house! and not a clue that termites were living there too, kinda sad. This is a good story, I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!