Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wednesday Words: Evangeline

Nebula: A graphic representation of a red, blue and yellow nebula, with stars.
Source: xymonau
A flannel-soft night erased frayed edges of day, leaving Evangeline to contemplate how her virtuous life revealed her inching towards the end of life.
 
All the luxuries I have denied myself…all the delights of the flesh…

Gazing out at the black sky, at the donuts of stars several life times removed, Evangeline considered her life to be a multiple of cartoons played out in black and white.

Damn.  She considered, grabbing the car keys and the big wad of cash from under the mattress.  I’m going to ‘Vegas.


Virtue has its limits.  

Welcome to Sin City: no description
Source: jaylopez
Many thanks to Delores at thefeatherednest who instigated/started this Wednesday Words Challenge.  Please go to her site, where she has participants on her right sidebar.  

"Donuts" and "cartoons' were out there, Delores!!  

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I liked that line as well; it just sorta popped out and appeared on my screen.

      Delete
  2. .... And there she stayed for the next 20 years, becoming a Cirque Du Soliel acrobat and later on, a much beloved blackjack dealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think she won really big and did some crazy things like you suggested.

      Delete
  3. And goodbye goes the cash, as Vegas sucks it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, oh no. She will take the cash, get some plastic surgery on her face, join a chorus line, hook up with a wealthy older man, and fly off to see the world!

      Delete
  4. Love the flannel-soft night, such a fantastic opening line.

    I hope Evangeline lives it up in Vegas and wins a fortune. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it'll free up storage space (under the mattress). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mattress was getting pretty lumpy; she had lots of money under that mattress.

      Delete
  6. Love the flannel soft night. Some of them do feel just like that ... soft, warm, comfortable. I want to go back to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. Absolutely amazing!
    Flannel-soft. Frayed edges of day.
    More and more, I think your writing skills are 'several life times removed' from me. Sigh. I wanna be just like you!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!