Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Elizabeth George...How dare you!




She slammed the book closed, and threw it across the room.  How DARE you end it this way…! She roared.

Susan steamed and stewed, gazing at the book lying ignominiously on the floor.  Elizabeth George had betrayed her.  Susan had followed the words through over six-hundred pages, barely breathing at different points.  Susan had been faithful in buying these tomes, but this was really going too far.


The guilty book, What Came before He Shot Her, lay quietly on the floor.  What a cruel way to end this…this…mystery… Susan muttered.

She stalked over to the book and scooped it up.  Susan shoved it into its slot in the bookcase, and then she paused.

Well, maybe I will forgive Elizabeth George this one time…as she slid the next book, This Body of Death: An Inspector Lynley Novel, from its place.  But she had better not do it again!  All 873 pages and I will be reading each one!!!
A summary of the book...


 Ms. George has published more books since the above shown.  Here is her discussion on Careless in Red.



P.S.  I will be out and about with my hubby on vacation trips.  Please comment!  But I won't be able to reply until I find my computer desk again.  Thanks! Plus, I am not really angry at Elizabeth George...just...a little maybe.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Susan! Hate it when the ending isn't what you wanted or saw coming.

    Have a wonderful time out with your hubs on vacation. I will pop in and comment whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fool me once shame on her, again and bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, sorry about the ending mishap. :)

    I hope your vacation is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a good holiday, Susan. See when you get back!

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have thrown a book or two because of the ending! Thank God....I thought I was the only one who did that! Hope the next book lives up to your expectations!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so understand the feeling ... following a story, or series, only to have it end on a less than happy/or satisfactory note. But we, the readers, eventually understand. :)
    Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful, wonderful vacation.
    And snap on Susan George. I haven't yet been able to bring myself to read another of hers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Susan, I read all of Elizabeth George's Lynley books until I finished the one where his wife dies and then for some unknown--to me--reason, I stopped reading this series. I see that I need to begin again. Thanks for the nudge. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!