Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday Words: Sam and Nora

Moon and Water 2: A giant moon on a watery horizon.
Source: xymonau

Champagne bubbles were illuminated by the full moon overhead as Sam and Nora snuggled on a bench along the boardwalk, enjoying the sounds of the rolling surf. 

Champagne Gold: Ok so it's not champagne, it's hair gel, but at least the bubbles all sit still long enough so that you can capture the reflective detail in each one! :-)
Source: brainloc
They touched the wine flutes together with a clink.  Nora found a tissue and wiped her teary eyes.  The moonlight glinted off Sam’s balding head as he smiled. 

“Oh, Nora!  We’re not done yet,” he chuckled.  Kissing her deeply, Sam stood and pulled Nora to her feet.  Another sound kiss all but cemented them both in place.

“Same time, same place next year, Sam?”  Nora smiled, gazing up at Sam tenderly. 

Sam nodded as they broke their embrace, reluctantly pulling away.

As each headed off in different directions to their respective spouses, Sam raised his glass.  “Here’s lookin’ at you, kid.” 

As the fog rolled in, each disappeared into the shadows of their other lives.


Fog: No description
Source: mjio
 With apologies to Casablanca.  Many thanks to Delores/myfeatherednest!  Delores is faithful in finding amazing words for each Wednesday.  Please see what she has created, along with others in her comment section.

17 comments:

  1. Dangerous game they are playing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever seen "Same Time, Next Year" with Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn? I was thinking of this movie recently...

      Delete
    2. I saw that movie! I actually liked it! ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The photos are wonderful, and give a romantic glow.

      Delete
  3. True love? I would love to know more about Sam and Nora. A lot more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam and Nora--so many questions that can't be answered.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Maybe they met decades before, promising to return. But life intervened and they each fell in love with others. Who knows?

      Delete
  5. Risky thing to do, as a divorce could come leaving them with nothing but the loo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being left with only a loo? That would be awful.

      Delete
  6. Dear Susan, I finally realized what you had the words in bold---they were the ones you were to use! I can see that this technique is truly a catalyst for creative writing. If I weren't writing an on-line memoir with stories from my own past, I'd surely try to use this technique every so often.

    Your stories never fail to capture my interest; they make me want to read more. more. more. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little stories are exercises in writing. I do enjoy Delores and her Wednesday Word Challenges.

      Delete
  7. You sucked me in with every word! And I didn't see that ending coming.

    I LOVE Casablanca. Humphrey Bogart is soooo sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could watch Casablanca again and again. Superb.

      Delete
  8. It's a captivating short, Susan. And the pictures add very much to the feel. Good choices. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! Naughty! Naughty!
    I'm loving these Wednesday words. I think I'll join you and Delores!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!