Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wednesday Words: Jane and Blanche


Blanche was known as the crafty one of the family.  Knitting, sewing, crafting, even darning—whatever needed a hot-glue gun and a mind-full of ideas, Blanche created masterpieces.

Her twin sister Jane hated Blanche with a passion that cramped and boiled inside her.  Blanche ignored the raging anger consuming Jane.

After watching the suspense-filled movie “Whatever happened to Baby Jane”, Jane shoved Blanche down into the cellar filled with empty mason jars and spiders.  "Oh, Blanche.  You know we have rats in the cellar?" Jane whispered as the cellar door slammed shut.

This vignette is obviously not in the movie, but I thought it would use the Wednesday words supplied by Delores@myfeatherednest .  Thanks, Delores, for providing challenging words with which to play!!

Bette Davis and Joan Crawford--source

20 comments:

  1. Oh, yuck! Not friendly at all! Boo, hiss!

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bette and Joan were rivals their entire acting lives; I don't think they could have been friendly, ever.

      Delete
  2. Down in the cellar with the spiders and the rats....yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay with spiders, but rats? Noooo.

      Delete
  3. Sounds scary for Blanche. I would not want to be her in that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bring forth a cat and bye bye rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cats would enjoy a rat-infested cellar.

      Delete
  5. Betty and Joan sure knew how to bitch up a scene. Your vignette would have fit well into the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talented and powerful actors, both of them.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like Jane got some revenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Only in the "Rats of NIMH" do the rats play nice.

      Delete
  8. It's been so many years since I saw that movie, you could've told me you lifted that scene right out of it, and I would've believed you. It certainly would've fit. Great use of the words!

    I popped over here from Delores' blog to see how you used her words. Nice to meetcha. Count me in as your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Susan, I would have believed the scene came right from the movie too! Very creative post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Jane locked Blanche in the basement and starved her nearly to death. Jane was a bitter woman.

      Delete
  10. Hi Susan,

    Firstly, very sorry I haven't visited your site in awhile. I've been absolutely swamped on my site in regards to a certain contest I would never participate in. Oh the irony.

    Your adaptation is better than the movie. So there you go.

    A peaceful weekend to you, Susan.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very enjoyable read, Susan, and well done...
    Bette Davis ... what an actress.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!