Saturday, April 27, 2013

W-X Posts: Wyvern and Xenomorph, part 2



Seeing a Wyvern skulking around one’s castle or hut would send many screaming. 

But, what if?  What if one saw a XENOMORPH??

This Xenomorph monster would not only send one running and screaming, chances are one would not run very far or scream very long.  This Xenomorph monster would likely have had one for a quick snack or for something far more sinister.

Alien vs. Predator (2004) - Alien.jpg
Wikipedia: Alien Franchise
“Xenomorph” is the term used for the creature in the “Alien” movie series.  

It is a fictional creature, an “endoparasitoid extraterrestrial species” that implants its eggs within a host.  Said eggs would develop and then burst out of the unfortunate host.  

Many insect species are known to reproduce in this manner.  The poor hosts die horribly.

The “Alien” movies were a successful franchise, producing movies in 1979, 1986, 1992, 1997, 2004, 2007, and 2012.  Obviously many many viewers loved this Xenomorph and the adrenaline fear it incited.

So the Wyvern or the Xenomorph:  which one would scare YOU the most?

A large egg-shaped object that is cracked and emits a yellowish light hovers in mid-air against a black background and above a waffle-like floor. The title "ALIEN" appears in block letters above the egg, and just below it in smaller type appears the tagline "in space no one can hear you scream".
Wikipedia source

OR

Wyvern Film DVD.jpg
Wikipedia source

24 comments:

  1. I think I'd rather take my chances with the wyvern but it's a pretty dreadful choice either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. Somehow, I think modern weaponry would at least give one a fighting chance against a wyvern.

      Delete
  2. I'm terrified just thinking of the option. I think I had better get back to the "real world."

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (That's my poetry blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; real world monsters are more easily handled, I hope.

      Delete
  3. I don't like that parasite thing...ick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep go with the wyvern, but I still wouldn't scream just run really fast

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled to see you back. I have never seen any of the Alien movies - but the thought of parasites (any sort of parasite) doesn't sit well. A wyvern would be my least bad choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are crazy scary. Mostly I watch different kinds of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think both would be scary! Though, the xenomorph looks scarier than the wyvern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd quite enjoy meeting up with “Xenomorph”! I've heard that it's actually a morph of "Xena the warrior princess". Now that's a scary thought!

    Hoping you are having a reasonably relaxed weekend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't quite imagine meeting up with either one. I feel sort of left behind in this modern world of scary movies, scary critters, vampires, and such.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, not a great choice, susan---but i have to say, i will never get the alien movie out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chest bursters freaked me out first time round. It was one spooky trippy experience as I recall every time I took a corner, I expected to get nabbed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, the alien would sure as heck give me pause. hehe

    Giger's aliens are super creepy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a good thing I didn't see Alien in a theater because it totally freaked me out. I never have been able to watch the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would also prefer running into a Wyvern. That way if I had a heart attack, the fire breathing dragon would quickly put me out of my misery. Consequently, the Xenomorph would probably play with his food before he ate it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Their total un-human-likeness makes them not so scary. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ripley scares me most and I love her! LOL! But seriously -both these fabulous creatures would give me a fatal heart attack easily! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I think the idea of an alien feeding off my insides before chewing it's way out is probably the worst. But that's only my opinion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan
    I don't thin I'd relish the idea of bursting out somebody's babies. It was bad enough having mine the usual way. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, yikes. If I had to choose, I'd go with the wyvern, but I don't fancy my chances either way. *off to hide under my blankies for a while* :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!