Friday, April 19, 2013

Q-R Post: Quintessential Radio

old radio: radio Tesla
source
We're back, taking calls to answer the question of "Regrets?  Looking back on my life..."  First caller on line one.
  
Radio Personality: So, let's hear it, big fella.  What can you say looking back on your life?

Anonymous:  I'll state it clear...I've lived a life that's...uh...full.  I've traveled down each and every highway...


Radio Personality:  So, you're a traveling man, who lives in cheap motels? Away from the family, huh.  Any regrets?

Anonymous: Regrets?  I've had a few, but then, too few to mention…

Radio Personality: Oh, one of those.  Love 'em and leave 'em? 

Anonymous: I did what I had to do...saw through without exemption...


Radio Personality:  Let me guess:  you planned each careful step, right? Had to, I imagine.

Anonymous:…More, much more than this, I did it my way….

Radio Personality: O-kay, but were there times?  Didn't you ever think you bit off more than you could chew?  You know, the balancing act?

Anonymous: But, through it all…I ate it up and spit it out…faced it all and stood ta…

Radio personality:  I see.  A life of love, laugh, and tears, right?  Yours or your family?  Ever think about 'em?  I mean, didn't you ever think about losing them?

Anonymous:  I’ve had my share of losing, but…now I find it all so amusing!  To think I did all that and…

Radio Personality: AMUSING? But, you’re not shy, are you?  Not humble at all! I bet you shout...

Anonymous: Oh, no, oh, no, not me!  I did it my way!

Radio Personality: Well, then, what IS a man?  What has he got?  If not his family, what is important?

Anonymous: Yes!  If not himself, then he has naught!  To say the things he truly feels…

Radio Personality: NAUGHT? Sure, but these are not the words of one ...?

Anonymous:  ...who kneels!  The record shows…Yes!  I took the blows!

Radio Personality: Well, I'd love to land some blows on you, you narcissistic bastard.  You got a record, a felony record?  

Anonymous:  And did it my way!  Yes, it was my way…

Radio Personality:  Right, buddy.  Whatever you say.  Next caller, line 2?...





Pointer: Everybody can use a poiner.Please visit my stockxpert gallery:http://www.stockxpert.com ..
source



Coming up tomorrow, legendary radio doctor, Dr. LOVE, will be talking to those who have loved and lost.  Be sure to catch in on Quintessential Radio.....cue music, commercial in 5..4..3..2..and 

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It worked out by examining the lines and thinking of the life he led.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha! You've brightened my day with this little 'exchange'!

    Hope you're enjoying the A-Z blog hop! (love your blog-title, btw ;-p)

    SueH I refuse to go quietly!

    Twitter - @Librarymaid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. A good play at talk radio, which my husband listens to on all our drives.

      Delete
  4. Where DO you get these ideas?? Cracked me UP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly don't know. Not consciously, I'm sure. The ideas come from somewhere...

      Delete
  5. Susan
    That was an exhilarating little caller conversation.
    Ole blue eyes was getting old. I see it's his last performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was quite a difference from the first time he performed this song to the last time.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Radio caller/host shows can really get strange sometimes.

      Delete
  7. A Sinatra inspired caller ... clever. Fun read. You kept my interest throughout.

    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed some humor with "Q"!.

      Delete
  8. I thought that had to be Frank himself calling. Cool radio, I remember them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what he would have said about this post?

      Delete
  9. LOL. Loved reading this conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loud smiles. Thank you. And possibly close to the mark as well. I doubt he was an 'easy' man to have in your life - much less to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very clever Susan! While everyone is picturing Frank, I see Anthony Newley belting it out with his sweeping hand gesture.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!