Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C-D Post: Canine=Devotion, part 1



Life within the pack was good.  More than that, it was great.  And Porter with his pal Scrumpy knew that fact.

Food appeared from a magic bag and was poured into plastic bowls.  Water emerged from a shiny tube, and filled the metal bowls.  Not only that, their den was warm when the snow fell, and comfortable when the trees became green again. 

Food, water, warmth, a place to sleep, and all that a pack dog could hope for was provided by the Alpha male and his mate.


Porter could lie in the window upon a black leather sitting down thing and watch the birds soar over the river and trees.  Dozing, he would dream of chasing cats and rolling in mud. 

Scrumpy mainly enjoyed the food and the chew toys.  Porter told him what to do, so he did not have to think about anything.

Their greatest joys were walking with their Alpha companions. 

Racing ahead of the Alphas, barking at birds, and then urinating upon the spots marked by other packs were the highlights of the day.  The Alphas permitted them these joys, and they fully understood that. 

How could life be any better?  What could possibly change that fact?

This continues tomorrow, as Canines=Dogs moves forward to answer the above questions.

36 comments:

  1. Ah..simple minded canines...so much can happen....so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics...especially the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The box photo is awesome, and I guess they love boxes, any box.

      Delete
  3. I had just fed my pooch and gave him water from a " shiny tube" when I sat down to read this post. Love the way you get into the mind of these easy - t- please guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs expect so little and give so much...but Cats?

      Delete
  4. Chasing cats, how rude haha peeing on a tree, if only we all got such joy from such things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. life should be this simple for us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dog's life is certainly to be envied. I'm not sure it could get much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs do have life mostly easy.

      Delete
    2. I was a dog person growing up but I've since been converting to cats. Maybe cats have it better. Maybe.

      Delete
  7. I'm know in the village as the man who talks to dogs; the dogs know me as the one with the treats. Great animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they love you, especially with a pocket full of good food treats.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Yup, Porter and Scrumpy love their boxes.

      Delete
  9. Very good. Another cliff hanger. You know I'm scared of heights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful writer you are! My German shepherd dog, Angel, used to stop to sniff the ground every two seconds or so. I called it taking Angel for a walk so she can read the newspapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good analogy! Porter marks every tree and marker on the walks, Scrumpy follows after him.

      Delete
  11. Spot on!
    I met a little one who had lost his alphas yesterday. I took him to the vet, and luckily she recognised him - I hope he got home safe!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower, plus lover-of -dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dogs. We have a rescue dog, he brings so much fun to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read the continuation tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susan,

    Apologies, but I'm struggling to keep up with all of you who are doing the um alternate alphabet challenge :)

    Penny and me, her mere human, are liking this. Penny can read me part two!

    Penny's human,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these pictures!! How did you keep those babies in the box?!?
    Thank you for visiting my blog!
    Connie #133
    A to Z Challenge.
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww. So cute! I love these puppies!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Made me think of this :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY

    Great post!
    Sarah Allen
    (From Sarah, With Joy)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Susan, I was hoping for more about Gunther, but Porter and his pal Scrumpy and their Alphas suit me to a T. Peace to you and to them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful dogs! I hope they don't get into too much trouble. Until tomorrow...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's a dog's life! My kids come home from school and ask me what the dog did all day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do hope that you are not taking Porter and Scrumpy for a walk on the dark side. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did I miss this? Oh... for some reason I wasn't following you. But I am now... again!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Funny!

    For a dog I suppose there couldn't be a better life! My cats adore boxes and paper bags!

    The pics are great, Susan!




    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!