Monday, March 4, 2013

What a Baby Thinks


Have you ever noticed the expression newborn babies have?  Granted, the facial features are flattened, with the nose scrunched a bit, the eyes swollen, and the skin reddened.  No, that’s not what is meant.

New babies peer out at the world with a look of confusion and consternation.  Look at these pictures of my grandson over the weeks following his birth.



I may be asleep, but that doesn't mean I am happy...

This is the internal dialogue I would give the wee little man:  

Who are you?  And what do you want? 

                What the heck am I doing here?!!

Put me back!  Right this instant!  I insist!

                I was just fine where I was.

Who is in charge here?  I insist to speak to someone in charge.

                If I am to stay, give me something to eat.  Immediately!  And it must be fresh!

Don't touch that!  It is mine!  Oh...Oh..alright.  


While I take great liberty with the inner workings of a baby’s thoughts, I believe this would be pretty accurate.  

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure they wonder what kind of mess we've gotten them in to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, can't blame them for wanting to go back

    ReplyDelete
  3. On some days, that could be a conversation with me.

    Your grandson is adorable, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy to access the dialogue, since I think the same things, too.

      He is such a precious baby...

      Delete
  4. You left out 'Change me now. Now I said. Now.' And yes, it is not too far from what goes around in my head either - though I don't look anything like that cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Left out the diaper part...that opened too many lines of thought.

      Delete
  5. He's so beautiful!! I'm sure that IS exactly what he's thinking...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I visited, he probably wondered "Why are you covering my face with so many kisses? Stop with the hugs already!"

      Delete
  6. haha adorable the post and mostly surely that grand-baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you got it right. I notice the way little babies eyes dart around as if they are puzzled about where they are. You have a gorgeous little baby grandson.

    I did it again. I write the comment and forget to push publish and it's gone. I think I'm in my second childhood. Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is delightful.

      I think our childhood was far too short. That is why we seniors get to claim a second childhood. Right?

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!