Friday, March 29, 2013

Almost here! Almost here!

A to Z Challenge [2013]



Five….four…three…NOW PUSH!  BREATHE! 

No, it’s not giving birth, although it may sometimes feel like such. 

No, this is the final weekday before the A-to-Z Challenge 2013!  On Monday, April 1st, over 1400 bloggers will be posting blogs that focus on the letter “A”. 

My theme this year is in line with my way of thinking: 

taking an idea, shaking it, turning it upside down, and connecting with something totally/almost/maybe unrelated or not

The difference is this:  Each letter will connect to the theme of its partner letter.  A few titles are as follows.

April 1 & 2= letters A+B  Apostolic Barbarian
          April 3 & 4= letter C+D  Canines=Dogs
April 5 & 6= letters E+F  Exclusive Fiefdom

Each pair of days will follow the thoughts or theme of its partner. Rather than have 26 different topics, there will be 13 connected topics that cover the 26 days. 

Golly, I sure hope this works. 

While thinking about the A-to-Z, we all need to acknowledge and praise the team that put this all together!  Go to their sites and give them the praise they deserve:


A TO Z TEAM FOR 2013

The Madlab Post (Nicole Ayers)
Tossing It Out (Arlee Bird)
Amlokiblogs (Damyanti Biswas)
Alex J. Cavanaugh (Alex J. Cavanaugh)
Life is Good (Tina Downey)
Cruising Altitude 2.0 (DL Hammons)
Retro-Zombie (Jeremy Hawkins)
The Warrior Muse (Shannon Lawrence)
The QQQE (Matthew MacNish)
Leave it to Livia (Livia Peterson)
No Thought 2 Small (Konstanz Silverbow)
Breakthrough Blogs (Stephen Tremp)
Spunk on a Stick (L. Diane Wolfe)



Perhaps the biggest HUZZAH! should go to Arlee Bird, who started this idea way-back-when! 



28 comments:

  1. That is sure an interesting way to go about it, cat could never do that though, he has to post everyday haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always in awe at those that take on this challenge. That is quite an idea that you have and I am sure it will be interesting and well done. Have fun and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arleen. All (well, almost all) posts are ready, so I can enjoy the other bloggers' works.

      Delete
  3. Wow, Susan. No wonder you likened the challenge to giving birth! That would pain me to think of TWIN topics like you have. Looking forward to meeting your "babies" on Monday. I just finished writing my A post. Are we supposed to give an intro on our Day 1 (tell our theme and such) or just jump right in? I did the former, but am second guessing whether I should have omitted that. Oh, well, it's already created. I think I kept it brief enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the rules are locked and set in concrete. Go for the gusto (G?)!

      Delete
  4. Fun idea for A to Z. I'm looking forward to your posts!

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...as I am for the 1400+ participants!

      Delete
  5. Wow! That is such a creative way to do this (connecting to the partner letter's theme)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, let's hope it all comes together in the readers' minds!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh...a fresh approach to the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABCs are the blocks. Surely we can mess them up a little?

      Delete
  7. Clever idea! I bet you can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope it connects with the bloggers.

      Delete
  8. complicated theme...good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started thinking about this after last year's A to Z. Something different.

      Delete
  9. What an ambitious idea for the A to Z. But no less can be expected of the woman who has a sock drawer full of interesting pairs. You are so right, I must go and visit the A to Z folks. They are so great and look how far we have all come, 1,400, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss the sock drawer and my Samuel blog, as well. Have to put them on hold for a while. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. I envy you the sunrise in the desert on Sunday morning. Always was so beautiful.

      Delete
  10. Hey Susan,

    What an interesting approach to the A to Z. I shall look forward to checking out how you get on with it all.

    I have with my own satirical take on the alphabet challenge, have actually promoted it. I had a dream that they would acknowledge what I do. Then I woke up.

    Be well and have fun, Susan.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, Susan! I like the AB CD idea. I've got my posts scheduled. Woooooo Hoooooo! I wanted to have time to visit more blogs this year. I'll be back to visit soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait for A to Z to start - I'm looking forward to your AB CD themes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really looking forward to seeing the A to Z posts of so many people. Everyone that I know of has chosen SUCH different approaches to something which has the potential to be a tad mundane. Congratulations to the organisers - I will have to check them blogs out. Thank you.
    And your idea has me intrigued. Roll on Monday (Tuesday here.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your plan - good luck with it! I look forward to seeing how it goes.
    As ever, I have no plan - with is how I like it :o)
    See you there
    Laura xxx

    Blogging AtoZ @ChickLitLove

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is quite a challenge. I have opted out this year. Hopefully I will join you next year!
    cant wait to read your entries!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susan. I hope you've been keeping well!
    Your theme sounds v-e-r-y interesting... I'll be popping in to check out your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is ambitious. Hope you have a fun time connecting them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Huzzah to Lee! Thank you for the shout-out!

    I can't wait to see how you pull this off. Sounds clever and fun.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Found you on the A2Z list! Fellow cat lover here. Can't wait to see how your alternative schedule turns out. I bet it will be great! See you throughout the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!