Monday, December 3, 2012

Open what? Doors? What does that mean?



Once upon a time on a farm in a rural area, a young girl gazed out her window at the stars and wished each night.  “Oh, please Blue Fairy/Fairy Godmother/Tinker Bell/Santa Claus/…., grant my wish!”
The wish was never the same wish, but it was said with the same fervor each and every night.  This messed up the whole fairy tale and wishes coming true thing; no wishes were ever granted.

I know.  It sucks when wishes don’t come true.

But WAIT!  What did you say?  My wish did come true! 

I submitted a fractured fairy tale about Cinderella (short story—2000 words) and it was accepted!  The Open Doors Anthology: Fractured Fairy Tales was released on December 3rd!  My story is in there: Cinder, Ellie: An Exclusive as told to Bob Grimm. 

Elisa Stilton worked with Wayman Publishing for the collection, editing, doing whatever is necessary to publish both an eBook and a paperback! 

From December 2 – 4, 2012, this book and other books by a group of incredibly talented writers will be at a reduced rate (check the site out) or free as eBooks.  A portion of the proceeds will go to benefit a children’s hospital. 

This is a book you would want to read, share with friends and relatives.  It turns those Disney fairy tales on their heads.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations. Wishes DO come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how small, wishes do/can come true.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting in too! And yeah Elisa did a TON of work on it, there are a lot of stories in there, props to her as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered some paper backs to give as Christmas gifts, but have waited until hubby went to work this week to open the box. Don't know why, but I guess I wanted to experience the awe on my own.:)

      Delete
  3. I am so, so happy for you Susan. I downloaded the book, but admit only read your story. I do not have too much time right now but will read them all after the holidays. You are such a wonderful writer and I wish I had just a little bit of your talent (I fly by the seat of my pants - and they are getting tighter). I admire you so!

    I am picturing you holding the book and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and felicitations. More than deserved - not a wish coming true, but a reward for considerable talent and effort.
    I have said that I will not purchase any new books until the to-read pile is diminished but I can see I may have to make an exception (which will probably become many exceptions).

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!