Saturday, December 1, 2012

Open Doors Anthology: Fractured Fairy Tales

Photobucket






Fairy tales...what's NOT to like?  Every culture on earth has a variety of myths, legends, and their own variety of fairy tales.  Good vs. Bad...Hero rescuing helpless princess...bad animals with sharp teeth trying to eat good (kinda good) people and animals....


Yes, these are common themes throughout the world.

Wayman Publishing with Elisa has undertaken the production of Fractured Fairy Tales, or fairy tales viewed in a different way.  The Book Fair opens Dec. 2 - 4, and offers great deals on this book as well as other books produced by contributing writers.

My own story-- Cinder, Ellie: An Exclusive as told to Bob Grimm -- will be in this marvelous anthology.  It is really good, I think.  You will have to read it for yourself.

Here is the site to which you can go and order an obscene number of books at great prices!  A portion of the proceeds earned by the sale of Open Doors Anthology: Fractured Fairy Tales will benefit a children's hospital, among other places (I think).  The last anthology was to support diabetes.

So go there, and buy, and then enjoy!  Susan Kane

10 comments:

  1. Yeah just gave it a run through, there are waaaay more stories in there than I ever suspected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing that we can hear those fairy tales thousands of times, and yet someone else can take one tale, twist it, turn it over, and create something unexpected? Joy of writing, right there.

      Delete
  2. Susan....email me please...you won second prize in the give-a-way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore (and have always done so) fairy tales, myths and legends. Fractured fairy tales are often truer to our times. I wonder whether preceding generations fractured the tales they grew up with. I suspect they did, and wonder which version of the first story we grew up with - believing it to be the originsl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fairy tales got sanitized somewhere along the line (Walt Disney?), so the originals are quite different.

      Delete
  4. I loved your story, Susan. To find out that Ella's prince couldn't hold his liquor makes me think there really was no happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. Is there ever a happily ever after in those fairy tales?

      Delete
  5. Yay! Congratulations! Fractured fairy tales are always fun.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I remember seeing on our B/W tv a snippet in the Chipmunks Show featuring fractured fairy tales. I think I saw the cartoon there...rats! Now I will have to google it.

      Delete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!