Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday Words



Today is Monday, November 05, 2012, the day before the Presidential Election. 

This has been like a long pregnancy when the mother-to-be is two weeks overdue.  A friend of mine experienced that with her first child.  She became so distressed and overwrought that she decided she would be pregnant forever.  Her husband came home to discover her dismantling the crib and packing away baby clothes. 

Oh, she had the baby a day or so later.  She was an extremely intelligent woman with a PhD in English.  But, there comes a time…

These are my Wednesday Words for my November 7, 2012 post,  words that have been batted around until they are shredded and weary:

Slump       Triumphant      March      Defeat    Direction
                                                Dust

The last word “Dust” has been used before, I realize.  But I am surrounded by dust in my dusty house.  Since the dust doesn’t leave despite my efforts, it will be included in another post.

10 comments:

  1. "I am triumphant" Susan declared as she gazed around her now dust free home. Hearing a soft sound, like a giggle, from the living room she turned and marched in that direction. Shoulders slumped, Susan admitted defeat. Dust had won the battle and, most likely, the war.

    I feel your pain girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you clever lady! That is exactly how I feel. You captured the despair of housekeeping perfectly.

      Delete
  2. In a dust slump but will march in one direction without defeat. Triumphant I will be and make that stuff flee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how manage to disperse the dust.

      Delete
  3. Glad the elections are finally over and the next president's been elected. It's nice to not worry about that anymore, either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very glad. Now we live with the choices and decisions made.

      Delete
  4. Your poor friend, and her poor husband. Some things (almost never the good ones) do seem to go on forever. Speaking of going on forever, yet again I will try and make use of these words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love forward to seeing what you can create!

      Delete
  5. i have been in a slump as time marches on with or without me. i feel defeat, triumphantly exclaiming it's victory over me. as i hear it's laughter peeling through the dust and wind, i know i move in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn did a terrific job, but here's my feeble atttempt:

    She slumped over while fervently dust busting her kitchen floor before the doorbell rang. Her husband's boss was an hour early for dinner, but she wasn't ready to admit defeat. Hence, she marched right up to him with his favorite drink in her hand, and started throwing lots of compliments in his direction. When her husband walked in on them half-dressed, she still felt triumphant, as his boss could care less about her cooking. Julie

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!