Friday, November 2, 2012

Wednesday Words

source



Though the dark loomed over the lonely city laneway, Cassandra felt no fear.  Her brooding presence emanated evil.  Finally steps clicked closer and closer.  A man appeared, his face illuminated as he lit his cigar.  He never saw the knife Cassandra wielded.
From me
Sepulchers weren’t Dave’s favorite rendezvous.  Linda promised to meet him in this supposed hallowed place.  The fluttering of owl wings and its prey’s cry echoed around him.  He lit some vanilla scented candles, ‘Girls love stuff like this.’ Unfortunately, the flames caught the gossamer webs afire, and Dave left screaming. 

13 comments:

  1. A stabbing might come due in the first and hopefully Dave knows how to stop drop and roll haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure Cassandra had some reason to lie in wait. Dave must recognize his folly.

      Delete
  2. An evil woman in a dark alley. Sounds like my kinda gal. And Dave...well....Dave probably deserved what he got lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave sure did; romancing a girl in a tomb?

      Delete
  3. You and Delores both did a great job weaving the Wednesday Words together! As an added bonus, I now know all about sepulchers. Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sepulchers tend to have lots of spider webs and bugs, and webs covered with dust tend to burn easily. Silly Dave.

      Delete
  4. Dark, darker, darkest. Love them both. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Susan, I'm not much of a horror reader and so I started laughing at the end of Dave's rendezvous. I'm sorry to spoil the setting, but somehow I could just see Dave running away after his complacent thought about girls and the candles! Thanks for the grin that's on my face. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humor is always my signature on the writing.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Such fun to write a 50 word flash fiction!

      Delete
  7. These pieces sure do pack a punch! Short and sweet! Therein lies the beauty of flash-fiction!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...it won' t hurt...I'd love to hear what you think!